Radar Fanatic

Default First road trip with V1.

And encountered absolutely nothing, except for 2 K band speed signs. I traveled from just south of Louisville, Kentucky up to Wooster Ohio, which was about a 5 and a half hour drive both ways. It was kind of a let down for me. I was excited to finally get the V1 out on the open highway, then absolutely nothing happens. I did see several people pulled over in the Columbus area, and seen 4 leos sitting in the median. I'm assuming they were shooting laser, I didn't get an alert from any of them. Oh well, there's aways next time I guess.

Experienced

Default Re: First road trip with V1.

Guess I got lucky. Less than a week after receiving my V1 the wife and I took a trip to Charleston SC, about 350 miles from Atlanta. I was curious about how the V1 would perform after hearing all the hype over the years. I ran into several cops including one that tried to sneak up behind me in traffic (the arrows nailed his location) and one ka-band over-the-hill encounter that the V1 sniffed out over a 1/2 mile away. I was very impressed right off the bat. This was before I got the Sti-R and at that time the V1 was far and away the best detector I had owned. There's still nothing better for the price than the V1.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    Guess I got lucky. Less than a week after receiving my V1 the wife and I took a trip to Charleston SC, about 350 miles from Atlanta. I was curious about how the V1 would perform after hearing all the hype over the years. I ran into several cops including one that tried to sneak up behind me in traffic (the arrows nailed his location) and one ka-band over-the-hill encounter that the V1 sniffed out over a 1/2 mile away. I was very impressed right off the bat. This was before I got the Sti-R and at that time the V1 was far and away the best detector I had owned. There's still nothing better for the price than the V1.
    haha nice!!

Power User

Nice Steve

OP, sucks that you had no action.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    And encountered absolutely nothing, except for 2 K band speed signs. I traveled from just south of Louisville, Kentucky up to Wooster Ohio, which was about a 5 and a half hour drive both ways. It was kind of a let down for me. I was excited to finally get the V1 out on the open highway, then absolutely nothing happens. I did see several people pulled over in the Columbus area, and seen 4 leos sitting in the median. I'm assuming they were shooting laser, I didn't get an alert from any of them. Oh well, there's aways next time I guess.
    In Ohio, it's not unusual to see them sitting in the median, and not get an alert. They just sit there, sometimes.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Eek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    In Ohio, it's not unusual to see them sitting in the median, and not get an alert. They just sit there, sometimes.
    That doesn't surprise me. Every time that I have traveled through there, it has happened more than a few times. It's happened to me in Kentucky as well. Regardless of what they are doing, they accomplish their goal of making people slow down for a bit.

Advanced Member

I have noticed most of the time if they are to monitor traffic with a device, they will sit looking out of their side windows at traffic, get ready (laser, I/O hand gun radar, or vascar). Facing toward/away, they will be using their mounted I/O radar units (front/back). All of it is .........