CALLING ALL V1 MODDERS - ADVICE WELCOMED:
I am at the very start of a total V1 custom stealth-install, and will be posting step-by-step photos and directions of each step as completed. I almost have all the pieces and will include the following mods to my '04 Corvette Coupe (attached photo shows where each numbered mod will be placed):
1) Relocate my V1 to the passenger side visor (suction cups up nice and high, the window tint makes it invisible from the outside and dark limo-tint on back hides it from rear. The power-control wire runs inside the headliner and down the B-pillar into the dash area.
2) Direct Wire Power Adapter: Installed inside the center console and feeds out to the other units.
3) Remote Audio Adapter: Installed inside the center console. I have already modded this as per REBinc , a great step-by-step post. I followed his post precisely using wires from a butchered old SCSI cable. I also removed and wired-out the speaker. From here the control knob is wired-out to ...
4) RAA Mute/Control Knob: Wired-out to the center armrest's front-plate, right at my finger tips.
5) Concealed Display (CD): I will mod the CD much like Solidjake did, except I am making it super thin, soldering the cable to the board, cutting off the mute-button PCB area and then inside a 3/8"custom case with red front lens. The CD will mount in a custom cutout at the bottom of the cluster above the steering wheel, much like THIS
6) Remote Mute Button: I got this on eBay, a simple small button mounted to either the signal stalk, or maybe the armrest -or somewhere else. I may just nix this as I have the one at #4?
7) RAA Speaker: This is the actual piezo speaker off of the Remote Audio's board, wired-out from the RAA then behind the dash and up the A-pillar to a point that is level to my ear. I'll add a small vinyl tube from the speaker through the pillar hole 1/16" and pointing at my ear, very small, hardly noticeable ... and plenty loud.
That's it ... what 'cha think. Did I miss something, what else should I do? Thanks ...