Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just received my Valentine 1. Tell me what to do!

Ok, so far I did, -Plug it in, turn it on. Mounted on windshield.

Anything else I have/should do?
    I am fairly a newb when it comes down to radar detectors, should I even mess with modes? or should I just leave it and let it perform?

I will read the manual more carefully and see if there is anything else I should do.

Thanks for reading.

p.s: God, this Valentine 1 unit looks so sexy.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Just received my Valentine 1. Tell me what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by bustedandticketed

I am fairly a newb when it comes down to radar detectors, should I even mess with modes? or should I just leave it and let it perform?

I will read the manual more carefully and see if there is anything else I should do.

Thanks for reading.

I woulld go to option J and make the arrow point down (POP off).
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Thanks for reading.

Congrats on the V1. You have the BEST detector on the market and you have spent your money wisely.

Remember to mount HIGH. I have been using the V1 since 1998 and have tried all different places over the years and according to my research and personal observation mounting high is the BEST for detection. Mounting high also makes the V1 HARDER to see for prying eyes. Try to have the V1 LOOK straight ahead and make sure the unit is level as possible.

After you have come accustomed to your V1's is functionality etc. you can start fidling with the programming mode.

Do not turn of the detection of any bands UNTIL you are 100% sure what bands is safe to disable in your area.

bogey

Good Citizen

I have had my V1 since Jan. 3,06. I have noticed that mostly Ka band is in effect in Illinois. However I hit with a full X band alert in Herrin, Illinois yesterday by County Police.

I am too new to V1 to give you advice on turning off POP. I will tell you that I am leaving mine ON!

Good Citizen

Thanks for reading.

Also, you might go to my POLL that I posted about turning POP off and you will see what the majority of V1 owners think.

Radar Fanatic

I have my pop on and I can tell you I almost NEVER get false KA... if I do, its because somebody is passing me with a leaky cheapie detector... in which case It often cancels to J... But in the last 6 months I've only had 1 or two times where even that happened. KA on the V1 is very quiet.

Now on the other bands there are sometimes falses due to door openers etc...

Experienced

Just plug it in and leave in on "A" mode for a few days/weeks. This will let you learn where your false alerts are on the way to work, school, grocery store, etc.

After that, try big "L" and little "l" mode and see how you like them.

Radar Fanatic

Thanks for reading.

what area are you from? let us know so we can tell you what type of radar or laser the leo (law enforcement officer aka cops with the radar) uses so you know what to look out for. check to see if they use pop in your area also or the areas you drive in.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    I have my pop on and I can tell you I almost NEVER get false KA... if I do, its because somebody is passing me with a leaky cheapie detector... in which case It often cancels to J... But in the last 6 months I've only had 1 or two times where even that happened. KA on the V1 is very quiet.

Now on the other bands there are sometimes falses due to door openers etc...
    I second that! What firmware do you have?

Radar Fanatic

POP mode is not supposed to false much on a V1 and I don't think bustedandticketed was asking about reprogramming but just the basic logic modes.
    Logic and advanced logic mode are for filtering X band only which is the band that causes the most false alarms.
    A lot of us have this shut off in reprogramming as it is the oldest band and is not used in very many places anymore, but we don't know where you live so you might have to leave it on and learn what is going on being that you are new.
    Logic mode (l) enables all LED's and the muted volume lever but regular volume will be disabled until you break the threshold on X band.
    Advanced logic mode (L) disables all LED's & volume unless you break the threshold on X band.
    Today K band is probably just as big as a falser as X band and does not come out of the box with filtering but you can add it in much the same way that X band uses it in reprogramming, again don't do it if you are new as you need to learn what is going on.