Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Setting up V1 in Cali

Hey Everyone,

I just got my V1 on friday and i have been using it on logic mode but i'd like to get everyones opinion on optimal settings. I currently live in Orange County and would like to know the optimal settings for my V1. Is logic mode the right mode or is there a better option for me. Thanks alot and look forward to hearing all the responses.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Setting up V1 in Cali

Turn off X band and POP, go through the K filtering options and decide what's best for you ... I suggest turning off rear K band and setting a 30 second mute at 4 dots.

http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

If you have a jammer (or even if you don't really) you can turn off Laser since it will annoy you and never give you a laser save anyway.

Orange County is not really a great place for a V1 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I can see on the city street why it would be a tad annonying but the 5 and 405 during off peak hours seems perfect for a V1

Quote Originally Posted by DCxMagus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Personally even though I want to make sure I have the right settings on. My v1 hardly falsed even in the city. I've had real good luck with it up to this point.

Yoda of Radar

The settings almost don't matter for a V1 in SoCal. 99+ percent of what you are up against here is Ka band and laser, which aren't effected by any setting on the V1, except turning either of those bands off.

Alright, so dj, how do u like ur V1 in cali since it looks like you're also in Socal with me.

Professional

Depends on your location in SoCal, Unforantly for me, I live in the 101 corridor where they use K-Band drones, and almost all of the traffic cops use k-band radar in Ventura County. LA and Orange County, where DJ and others reside, use almost completely KA band. If you live and commute in those areas, you can *almost* turn off k-band. You set foot in Ventura County, throw K-Band back on. Fortantly, CHP mostly deals with the highways and all the k-band is local cops on local streets....

Just a heads up....

Lead Foot

I as well live in Orange County (Laguna Hills to be exact). I have my V1 with X off, K band automute for 20 seconds (I think I'm gonna switch it to 30 seconds), and to unmute at 6 dots. When I drive up the 101 through Ventura with all those K band drones, I turn off the unmute at 6 dots setting, because every time I come across a drone, it will send it more than 6 dots. V1 is not bad for Orange County because there is usually a decent bit of freeway driving that takes place.

Newcomer

What are the K band drones you guys are referring to? I noticed when I drove the 126 into Ventura my K would suddenly ramp up very fast, and it would do it like every 5 minutes or so, was it these "drones" causing that?

Alright awesome, I do get the occasional K band, havent experienced a tremendous amount of Ka yet, X is very rare for me. found a couple LEO's the other day driving down the beach blvd in huntington. Loving it so far