Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best place to buy a V1? your opinion on if it's the right choice?

SO I've decided I'm gonna give the V1 a chance, even though people say in Orange county it might not be the best idea. Personally I love to tinker with things so getting the settings right and locked in for my driving route and style isn't a problem as long as the option to get those settings locked in are there. Personally I don't speed around town, most my time speeding is on the highways/toll roads and even then it's not much more then 10-15mph over. My current plan is to just get the V1 and the case play around with it and it's adjustments while keeping the speed at the PSL. Once I can get the money together for a Li quad set up and have it tested then I'll think about upping the speed. To be really honest I just want one for the extra heads up and to level the playing field a bit more.

My route to school currently consists of all city driving, while work is 5mins city 15mins I-5 driving. On the weekends the highway driving can get up to around 200miles round trip. This is the time where I find myself speeding the most and where I believe I will need the most protection.

So in your opinions would the V1 be a good choice for this type of driving if so is buying it directly from Valentine the best place to get one? If not what would you suggest, why, and where would you source it from?

Newcomer

Default Re: Best place to buy a V1? your opinion on if it's the right choice?

I bought mine from a trusted seller (High ratings) on Ebay. He had listed the SN so I could verify version and, had I thought about it, theft. He also included the CD and Remote Volume. Total price was still about $100 cheaper than the V1 from their site.

While I would suggest checking into Ebay... I know there will bo others that will caution you from it.

Good Citizen

Call V1 and see if the have any returned units. You save money and still have the same factory warranty.

Radar Fanatic

I would buy it from Mike himself.Go to his site.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by function12 View Post
    Call V1 and see if the have any returned units. You save money and still have the same factory warranty.
    This (if you want the latest unit)

I actually went with craigslist, but I knew what to look for when buying a used unit.

Lead Foot

Buying from anyone other than Valentine you're taking a chance of it not working correctly/if at all, not up to date, stolen, or having some other problems.. Plus you don't get a warranty if you don't purchase directly from Valenitne.

If this isn't a big deal then buy from the one of the places mentioned above. I bought a returned unit from Valentine because I didn't want to take a chance.. jmo

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa View Post
    Buying from anyone other than Valentine you're taking a chance of it not working correctly/if at all, not up to date, stolen, or having some other problems.. Plus you don't get a warranty if you don't purchase directly from Valenitne.

If this isn't a big deal then buy from the one of the places mentioned above. I bought a returned unit from Valentine because I didn't want to take a chance.. jmo
    Totally agree!!

Power User

Valentine 1 is the only place to buy.

Professional

Take a poll of the cheapest tight-wads on the internet, who have more concern about saving a few bucks than reliable performance......and then do the exact opposite.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by hiddencam View Post
    Take a poll of the cheapest tight-wads on the internet, who have more concern about saving a few bucks than reliable performance......and then do the exact opposite.
    What about the guys that actually wanted an older unit for a change?