Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default VR called...............

    I sent my V1 on 1/7/06 for an upgrade from 3.819 to 3.826. VR called me today saying they called last week but I didnt get the message. Anyway, they called today saying there was a $75 charge, which I already knew, and they said they could send it back as is, that is 3.819 and I could wait 3-4 weeks when they would upgrade (software) for free. I told them that since they already had my unit that I would pay and I also said I would pay for overnight shipping which is $20 more and I said go ahead. It possibly could be in the mail today but more likely tomorrow and I should receive it back on Friday 1/20/06. I asked the tech guy if this would fix all known issues such as ghosting and the "J" alert and he replied yes. My wife can ship her 3.825 in for a flash upgrade to 3.826 for free.

  2. #2
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,806

    Default

    You're correct. 3.819 needs the Euro hardware added to go to 3.82x, thus the $75 charge. Your wife's already has the Euro feature so all they do is flash new firmware and send it back, free of charge.
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    336

    Default Re: VR called...............

    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    I sent my V1 on 1/7/06 for an upgrade from 3.819 to 3.826. VR called me today saying they called last week but I didnt get the message. Anyway, they called today saying there was a $75 charge, which I already knew, and they said they could send it back as is, that is 3.819 and I could wait 3-4 weeks when they would upgrade (software) for free. I told them that since they already had my unit that I would pay and I also said I would pay for overnight shipping which is $20 more and I said go ahead. It possibly could be in the mail today but more likely tomorrow and I should receive it back on Friday 1/20/06. I asked the tech guy if this would fix all known issues such as ghosting and the "J" alert and he replied yes. My wife can ship her 3.825 in for a flash upgrade to 3.826 for free.
    I know what you will be doing on the weekend. :wink:

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default Re: VR called...............

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    I sent my V1 on 1/7/06 for an upgrade from 3.819 to 3.826. VR called me today saying they called last week but I didnt get the message. Anyway, they called today saying there was a $75 charge, which I already knew, and they said they could send it back as is, that is 3.819 and I could wait 3-4 weeks when they would upgrade (software) for free. I told them that since they already had my unit that I would pay and I also said I would pay for overnight shipping which is $20 more and I said go ahead. It possibly could be in the mail today but more likely tomorrow and I should receive it back on Friday 1/20/06. I asked the tech guy if this would fix all known issues such as ghosting and the "J" alert and he replied yes. My wife can ship her 3.825 in for a flash upgrade to 3.826 for free.
    I know what you will be doing on the weekend. :wink:
    yup - looking for cops.

  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    I can't wait to get mine back from its firmware update. It should be coming in on Friday, I'll be out of town on Saturday...yup, I'm doing the same thing as you this weekend!

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Had I known before I sent my unit in that in 3-4 weeks the upgrade for 3.819 would be free ( no Euro ) , I MIGHT have waited. But shipping it express cost me $21 and I didnt want it shipped back to me and me having to ship it back again. Just wish I hadn't missed their call last week.

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Unfairfax County
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I called VR today asked if I could get my 3.825 (purchased Oct. 2005) upgraded to 3.826, since I had been getting weird K and Laser falses, along with the "J" on real Ka alerts. The guy I talked to said it would cost me $75 to have it upgraded, he said they charge for all upgrades. How are you guys getting yours upgraded for free?

  8. #8
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnivore
    I called VR today asked if I could get my 3.825 (purchased Oct. 2005) upgraded to 3.826, since I had been getting weird K and Laser falses, along with the "J" on real Ka alerts. The guy I talked to said it would cost me $75 to have it upgraded, he said they charge for all upgrades. How are you guys getting yours upgraded for free?
    just mail it in with a letter requesting the upgrade and saying that your v1 is still under warrenty. write your address, phone number, and ship that baby off.

    im waiting for mine, signed for on tuesday by VR. i called them today and they said they didn't recieve it as it wasn't logged in the computer. Then the rep. got off the phone and came back on and said they have it and it should be about a couple days. im glad i called to check up on it or else it might have been sitting there for another day or two (hopefully not)!!!

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Just now received my V1 back with the 3.826 upgrade. What impressed me is that VR had my unit yesterday 1/18/06 and I got it today 1/19/06. Of course I paid extra to have it shipped next day air.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Just called VR...
    By Solidjake in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
  2. VR Called
    By CactusMan in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •