I sent my V1 on 1/7/06 for an upgrade from 3.819 to 3.826. VR called me today saying they called last week but I didnt get the message. Anyway, they called today saying there was a $75 charge, which I already knew, and they said they could send it back as is, that is 3.819 and I could wait 3-4 weeks when they would upgrade (software) for free. I told them that since they already had my unit that I would pay and I also said I would pay for overnight shipping which is $20 more and I said go ahead. It possibly could be in the mail today but more likely tomorrow and I should receive it back on Friday 1/20/06. I asked the tech guy if this would fix all known issues such as ghosting and the "J" alert and he replied yes. My wife can ship her 3.825 in for a flash upgrade to 3.826 for free.