Radar Fanatic

Default Guess I was lucky

When the VR tech guy called me yesterday it was 11:40 am my time and 1:40 pm their time. He told me he would try to put in a new circuit board as fast as he could because ordinally there are no shipments after 2pm in which case mine would be shipped on 1/19/06 and I would get it on 1/20/06. Guess I was fortunate that within that 20 min period of time he installed the circuit board and got it to shipping before the 2 pm deadline as I got it today the 19th instead of the 20th.

Professional

I hope he didnt rush that puppy in there

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    I hope he didnt rush that puppy in there
    Me too I did check the software version when I first turned it on and it did show 3.826. The tech guy said it only takes a few minutes to put in a new circuit board. I believe from what I have read on here customers who have had their units upgraded reported that VR tests the units to see that the upgrade works properly before it is shipped and VR told me the same thing. VR told me this can any of you that have upgrade confirm this as well?

Professional

Im sure its fine. Mine is getting back to me tomorrow, just in time for the weekend--may have to take a little trip with it.

I called them today and asked if i get a new owners manual and they said sure

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Im sure its fine. Mine is getting back to me tomorrow, just in time for the weekend--may have to take a little trip with it.

I called them today and asked if i get a new owners manual and they said sure
    I did not get an owners manual just the insert they put in the old manualsl which I didnt get - just a 1 page insert. I too was hoping I would get an owners manual. Think I will call them and ask for their latest literature on their products and see if a manual comes with it.

Professional

Hmm, Ill let you know what I get tomorrow, granted it gets here?

Lead Foot

I called them today and asked if i get a new owners manual and they said sure I did not get an owners manual just the insert they put in the old manualsl which I didnt get - just a 1 page insert. I too was hoping I would get an owners manual. Think I will call them and ask for their latest literature on their products and see if a manual comes with it.
    Here is the manual online if you want it.

http://www.valentine1.com/Moreinfo/p...al_2005-i4.pdf

bogey

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    I called them today and asked if i get a new owners manual and they said sure I did not get an owners manual just the insert they put in the old manualsl which I didnt get - just a 1 page insert. I too was hoping I would get an owners manual. Think I will call them and ask for their latest literature on their products and see if a manual comes with it.
    Here is the manual online if you want it.

http://www.valentine1.com/Moreinfo/p...al_2005-i4.pdf

bogey
    Thanks, It is the same manual as I previously had with the addition of the 1 page insert.