Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default analysis of upgrade 3.825 ---> 3.826, its 100% must do...

let me start by saying that i used a v1 on a spring break trip driving down the east coast from ny to fl and back, in march '04. it was my friends v1 and made me want one ever since with its stellar performance.

OK, so to the upgrade. i bought my own v1 in july of 05 and it was version 3.825. i didn't use a v1 for quite a while since so i didn't realize what was wrong with 3.825 and thought thatís just how the v1 is. with the bogey lock tone sporadic, making it difficult to pick up multiple traps if not looking at the display as well as the "J" alert of real ka radar, this version doesn't even compare to what i got back today from VR.....

my v1 got the update to 3.826, have been driving around with it all night. i have passed about 6 leo and boy i must say its like a brand new radar from VR. i mean the bogey lock tone actually works, just like i remember back when i used my friends v1. i experienced a trap with 2 leo's today and i didn't worry about any ghosting (fake bogeys) and the bogey lock tone alerted me to the second leo which on 3.825 it never did consistently, if it all. also the reports that the J falsing has ceased is also very comforting as Ka radar is the greatest threat here in ny. I also have notice increased sensitivity which will be somewhat displayed at the GOL shootout coming up, i have 100% confidence in this.

ok so the bottom line, if you have version 3.825, get to the post office, write a little note on something, the address is on the bottom of the v1 itself, mail that baby off and get 3.826 and enjoy the v1 as it should be. 3.826 has got my 2 thumbs up :!:

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: analysis of upgrade 3.825 ---> 3.826, its 100% must d

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    let me start by saying that i used a v1 on a spring break trip driving down the east coast from ny to fl and back, in march '04. it was my friends v1 and made me want one ever since with its stellar performance.

OK, so to the upgrade. i bought my own v1 in july of 05 and it was version 3.825. i didn't use a v1 for quite a while since so i didn't realize what was wrong with 3.825 and thought thatís just how the v1 is. with the bogey lock tone sporadic, making it difficult to pick up multiple traps if not looking at the display as well as the "J" alert of real ka radar, this version doesn't even compare to what i got back today from VR.....

my v1 got the update to 3.826, have been driving around with it all night. i have passed about 6 leo and boy i must say its like a brand new radar from VR. i mean the bogey lock tone actually works, just like i remember back when i used my friends v1. i experienced a trap with 2 leo's today and i didn't worry about any ghosting (fake bogeys) and the bogey lock tone alerted me to the second leo which on 3.825 it never did consistently, if it all. also the reports that the J falsing has ceased is also very comforting as Ka radar is the greatest threat here in ny. I also have notice increased sensitivity which will be somewhat displayed at the GOL shootout coming up, i have 100% confidence in this.

ok so the bottom line, if you have version 3.825, get to the post office, write a little note on something, the address is on the bottom of the v1 itself, mail that baby off and get 3.826 and enjoy the v1 as it should be. 3.826 has got my 2 thumbs up :!:
    I agree 100%. This 3.826 IMO is like VR's next model
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

I just got mine back with the upgrade yesterday afternoon, then took a 1.5 hour highway drive from CT into MA. I was disappointed not to encounter any LEOs on the way but I did get to do a thorough test of the "J" feature against a whole slew of crappy RDs. It alerted to Ka three times over the ~100mi trip. The first time was in-town and an obvious false and very weak, but no "J" alert. (Arrows pointed to it, though.) The rest were on the highway. The first time I got a few Ka blips, nothing for a few seconds, then one more Ka blip and an immediate "J". The second time it took a little longer to junk out (both of these were behind me) but it caught it as soon as the POS got a little closer. That was all in CT, and it was perfectly silent in MA except for the K-band drones, only one of which produced a single K-band ghost when it got to extremely high strength. Then again I don't even know because it was at a toll booth where MA troopers sometimes hang out, too.

So anyway it seems to be chattier on Ka than 3.824, but manageable just the same. I'm going to have to drive around town with it later to look for our local cops running Ka to see how it does!

Lead Foot

I was in the same shoes as you TeamQuack. I ordered my 3rd V1 in June-July 2005 with 3.825 and was QUICK to send it back to VR! The new 3.826 is a charm.

bogey

Speed Demon

Default Re: analysis of upgrade 3.825 ---> 3.826, its 100% must d

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    I agree 100%. This 3.826 IMO is like VR's next model
    What is their next model?

Power User

Well, I might have to try a V1 out again. When I had my 3.825 I wanted to try it longer but my 30 days was approching fast and I sent it back at the last minute overnight shipping. I might have to try the 3.826

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Well, I might have to try a V1 out again. When I had my 3.825 I wanted to try it longer but my 30 days was approching fast and I sent it back at the last minute overnight shipping. I might have to try the 3.826
    Do it because Sethy was the biggest skeptic and opponent of the V1 and now he is a ZOMBIE!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

Im assuming that the two k-band falses were on I90. First at the toll from 84 to 90. The second seems to be coming from a drone on a construction sign on 90, not exactly sure where. Just wondering if these are the ones you noticed?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Do it because Sethy was the biggest skeptic and opponent of the V1 and now he is a ZOMBIE!
    Once you go V-1.........

Speed Demon

Going from NY to MA on 90, there's a drone somewhere within the first 50 miles or so of MA. K band one... picked it up for probably two miles... got excited thinking MA cops run constant on K band... then was disappointed because I could have sped on that nice straight away...