Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Firmware upgrade catch-22

It's a long story but my V1 was given to me as a gift (which I then later essentially paid for) but it consequently is not register under my name (but rather, the gift giver's)

I know V1 has a program where you can call and report your V1 stolen and they will watch for your serial number to pass through their hands (or, at least I think I know this program is in place) but will they allow me to send my V1 in for updates, or do I have to use my friend and her address as a liaison?

Lead Foot

Default Re: Firmware upgrade catch-22

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyRadar
    It's a long story but my V1 was given to me as a gift (which I then later essentially paid for) but it consequently is not register under my name (but rather, the gift giver's)

I know V1 has a program where you can call and report your V1 stolen and they will watch for your serial number to pass through their hands (or, at least I think I know this program is in place) but will they allow me to send my V1 in for updates, or do I have to use my friend and her address as a liaison?
    You will not have any probs at all. As long as it was not stolen. ops:

Professional

Have you called them and asked? I sold one of mine to friend and I called VR and let them know that I did sell it and gave them my old serial number and his name! No problems

Lead Foot

If I may be so bold to read between the lines, but to me it sounds like this V1 was a gift from girlfriend and since then the relationship isn't any longer.

If I am speculating correct I think would have no problem as long as your ex was willing to say yes she transfered ownership to you and as long as she didnt report it to VR as stolen.

Lead Foot

So basically I need to have her call.... that I can do.

itisjustme, no she's not an ex, she never was a GF, just a nice girl I know.

Thanks guys.

V1 Zombie

What would be the diff if she's call's or your mum or sister. Get the receipt from her copy if off send it in with your V1 with a note..... Now if it is a stolen detector you will burn in hell lol

Radar Fanatic

what you should have done from day 1, but can still do, is just call VR, tell them u got it as a gift and u want to register it under your name...

since its been a while, you also might have to have the person that gave it to you originally, just call them up and say that its yours.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyRadar
    So basically I need to have her call.... that I can do.

itisjustme, no she's not an ex, she never was a GF, just a nice girl I know.

Thanks guys.
    Any girl who buys someone a V1 is most positivly a nice girl.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Any girl who buys someone a V1 is most positivly a nice girl.
    Indeed, she knows what I like 8) :P

Good Citizen

Default wow..

You should join CSI or be a detective... or maybe a LEO trolling in our forums!

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    If I may be so bold to read between the lines, but to me it sounds like this V1 was a gift from girlfriend and since then the relationship isn't any longer.

If I am speculating correct I think would have no problem as long as your ex was willing to say yes she transfered ownership to you and as long as she didnt report it to VR as stolen.