Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Weird thing happened

I've only had the V1 for a little less than a week now. It is the 1.8 POP2 Euro mode model. I have yet to be shot or even pick up radar, unless its from the toll booth radars. This morning, on my way into work, I jam on brakes to stop at a yellow that is about to turn red. The town I was driving through will give you a ticket for running a yellow, as they have nothing better to do. I was in the left lane, and the car in the right that was in my blind spot, accelerates to beat the light. Just as I come to a complete stop at the light, my V1 goes off full laser hit. While I'm sitting at the red light, it goes off 2 more times. Full alert. So I'm thinking there is a LEO up ahead either shooting me, or cars close enough around me that my V1 is picking up scatter. Light turns green, I drive the full lenght of the road, doing the PSL, and nothing. I did not see a LEO anywhere.

Later on, I'm on GSP headed southbound. There is this one spot that they always love to sit in. At least every other day a cruiser is parked here, doing radar checks. Other days, there will be a unmarked crown vic shooting laser from this same spot, as he is parked sideways. Anyway, again, nothing. Now yes, it could be that he was using I/O and didn't have it on at this point, but there were a group of cars in front of the group I was in, and nothing. Normally, I wouldn't think anything is wrong with my V1, but from the moment I hooked her up, to now, I have yet to get a real radar hit, even though I've driven past MANY cruisers. Could it be NONE of them had their radars on? I hope thats they case, and nothing is wrong with my V1. I even drove to Staten Island passing at least a half dozen cruisers in my round trip. Nothing. Local roads, nothing. Parkway, nothing. Do you guys think I'm just not around LEO's that interested in catching speeders at the moment? Perhaps the end of the month more radar will be in use? I hope so.... Also, what do you guys think the 3 laser hits I got were from? Thanks everyone for reading!

Professional

Default Re: Weird thing happened

Your first encounter was with a laser based red light camera same thing happens to me when in Orlando use the laser to see if u might run the light

Speed Demon

Same thing happened to me when I got my V1, it went off one time the day I got it then for like a week or two I picked up nothing (besides falses) but it works fine, it seems like 85-90% of cruisers do not have their gear turned on. However don't let your guard down!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyinNJ View Post
    Other days, there will be a unmarked crown vic shooting laser from this same spot, as he is parked sideways. Anyway, again, nothing. Now yes, it could be that he was using I/O and didn't have it on at this point, but there were a group of cars in front of the group I was in, and nothing.
    W/any RD including a V1 it's been my experience that when laser is used my V1 will alert maybe 1/2 the time, compared to the LI which will alert pretty much all the time. Don't depend on your V1 for any kind of reliable LASER protection or you will get PWNT.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Akosikojak View Post
    Other days, there will be a unmarked crown vic shooting laser from this same spot, as he is parked sideways. Anyway, again, nothing. Now yes, it could be that he was using I/O and didn't have it on at this point, but there were a group of cars in front of the group I was in, and nothing.
    W/any RD including a V1 it's been my experience that when laser is used my V1 will alert maybe 1/2 the time, compared to the LI which will alert pretty much all the time. Don't depend on your V1 for any kind of reliable LASER protection or you will get PWNT.
    I know. That why I have LI Quads on the UPS truck headed my way.

Power User

That my friend is a excellent move on your part, you will really like the LI it's a great jammer and will really strengthen your CM defense

Good on Ya / Getter Done!!!

Professional

That my friend is a excellent move on your part, you will really like the LI it's a great jammer and will really strengthen your CM defense

Good on Ya / Getter Done!!!
    Thanks! Real excited to get them and install em. I'm actually getting help from a forum member with the install. Real nice of him. Now we just gotta find matching days we can both take off work!

Radar Fanatic

What size vehicle and what is the height of your RD off the ground?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    What size vehicle and what is the height of your RD off the ground?

"04 Accord. RD mounted just under RVM. Its definitely the LEO around here using I/O. I actually think I picked up some QTing. Approching tolls with radar to display vehicles speeds light up the V1 like a Christmas tree. The troopers around are good about turning their radar off while on a stop or using I/O.

Professional

Yep, just to confirm. Same spot from yesterday. LEO was shooting Ka I/O. He filpped in on just after I passed him and my V1 lit up with the back arrows.