Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette light

    Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1? Will the V-1 drain your battery or is there any other dangers of leaving it plugged in?

  2. #2
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    You can leave it on, the v1 is not going to drain your battery.

  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    You can leave it on, the v1 is not going to drain your battery.
    thanks for the info..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette l

    [quote="LS2"]Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1?quote]

    I leave mine plugged in all the time and haven't had any problems with it.

  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    2,274

    Default Re: Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette l

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1? Will the V-1 drain your battery or is there any other dangers of leaving it plugged in?
    yes it might get stolen

  6. #6
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lost Wages, NV
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Not only might it get stolen, but I found over the course of a few days, car parked in the garage, the V1 would run the battery down just enough for it to crank pretty slowly. Might be the battery was tired, though that was a year ago, and I'm still on the same battery.

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    You can leave it on, the v1 is not going to drain your battery.
    yes it will if you have a weak battery like some people do. not u sethy for someone else :wink:. Peace! 8)

  8. #8
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette l

    Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1? Will the V-1 drain your battery or is there any other dangers of leaving it plugged in?
    yes it might get stolen
    What made you sell the other detector and get a V-1?
    Does that veil stuff work?
    Are you using SpectureGuard?

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    2,274

    Default Re: Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette l

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1? Will the V-1 drain your battery or is there any other dangers of leaving it plugged in?
    yes it might get stolen
    What made you sell the other detector and get a V-1?
    Does that veil stuff work?
    Are you using SpectureGuard?
    1.
    - X50 was an amazing detector. read through this forum and came to a conlusion that the V1 was better in detection in all bands
    - i had wet dreams about the arrows so i knew i had to get one
    - friend had one in his dad viper and i was impressed
    - finally graduated from college and decided to buy myself a gift
    2.
    - through experience i dont know, i have seen through tests that it does
    - i guess just blind faith... havent seen it work but i know it does
    - i have a black car with no chrome... so thought it was the next best thing besides an active laser jammer

  10. #10
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: Is it ok to leave your V-1 plugged into your cigarette l

    Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Leave it plugged in and just use the off/on switch on the V-1? Will the V-1 drain your battery or is there any other dangers of leaving it plugged in?
    yes it might get stolen
    What made you sell the other detector and get a V-1?
    Does that veil stuff work?
    Are you using SpectureGuard?
    1.
    - X50 was an amazing detector. read through this forum and came to a conlusion that the V1 was better in detection in all bands
    - i had wet dreams about the arrows so i knew i had to get one
    - friend had one in his dad viper and i was impressed
    - finally graduated from college and decided to buy myself a gift
    2.
    - through experience i dont know, i have seen through tests that it does
    - i guess just blind faith... havent seen it work but i know it does
    - i have a black car with no chrome... so thought it was the next best thing besides an active laser jammer
    Thanks for the info hope you didn't take too much of a loss on that X50. I'm very happy with my V-1

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. NM - City To Leave Red Light Cams In Place
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 09:00 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
  3. Possibly a plugged converter?
    By proudNMAmember in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •