Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Noticed something about my 3.872

When I first got it, I mounted it just under the smoked blue tint strip in my Honda. When I moved it up higher, directly behind the tint strip, I started getting MORE laser alerts. Most of them false, but it seemed like my radar sensitivty didn't change or decrease. Now I have the same V1 in an Acura. I put it just under the smoked blue tint strip, and the radar sensitivity has gone up! Its now even more sensitive. And, I've gotten no false laser alerts since. Can someone explain?

Banned

Default Re: Noticed something about my 3.872

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyinNJ View Post
    When I first got it, I mounted it just under the smoked blue tint strip in my Honda. When I moved it up higher, directly behind the tint strip, I started getting MORE laser alerts. Most of them false, but it seemed like my radar sensitivty didn't change or decrease. Now I have the same V1 in an Acura. I put it just under the smoked blue tint strip, and the radar sensitivity has gone up! Its now even more sensitive. And, I've gotten no false laser alerts since. Can someone explain?
    I have a TL too and may have had the same thing happen but didn't notice? Maybe the way the tint strip refracts/filters light?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    I have a TL too and may have had the same thing happen but didn't notice? Maybe the way the tint strip refracts/filters light?
    That actually makes sense. The dots are there to keep sunlight away correct? If so, that would explain less false laser alerts. However, I didn't think the smoked blue tint would affect radar sensitivity, but it seems it does.

Edit: You're talking about the tint itself. Hmmm. That could it be as well.

Radar Fanatic

I dont have a TL, but i have a tint strip, i noticed the same thing. radar wasn't affected, so i just turned laser off. fixed =D

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    I dont have a TL, but i have a tint strip, i noticed the same thing. radar wasn't affected, so i just turned laser off. fixed =D
    Here's the thing. My radar WAS affected though. I got better sensitivity UNDER the tint strip as opposed to BEHIND it.

Lead Foot

Here's the thing. My radar WAS affected though. I got better sensitivity UNDER the tint strip as opposed to BEHIND it.
    Metallic Tint will cause some problems with radar reception.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by samq45 View Post
    Metallic Tint will cause some problems with radar reception.
    LOL. I know. In this case, its smoked tint with no metal. Thats why I'm confused.

Banned

Same here (though I didn't relies it at the time). Maybe Acura's blue tinting amplifies the type of light that the laser sensor sees.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Same here (though I didn't relies it at the time). Maybe Acura's blue tinting amplifies the type of light that the laser sensor sees.
    The laser falses were actually coming from my Honda windsheild which was actually replaced due to a crack. I didn't run the V1 behind the tint in the TL except for one day. In that one day, I did get a laser false. Since moving it below the strip, I've gotten no laser falses and more sensitivity to radar. I guess even mounting behind non metallic tint will still affect sensitivity to radar negatively.

Banned

The laser falses were actually coming from my Honda windsheild which was actually replaced due to a crack. I didn't run the V1 behind the tint in the TL except for one day. In that one day, I did get a laser false. Since moving it below the strip, I've gotten no laser falses and more sensitivity to radar. I guess even mounting behind non metallic tint will still affect sensitivity to radar negatively.
    Technically a tint strip of any color wont effect radar performance as long as it has not radar reflecting or absorbing material in it. Sounds like you may have had a good radar/laser day as apposed to a bad one.