Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default The mother of all J-outs?

I was stopped at a traffic light this morning when the Redline and V1 both alerted to a very weak Ka signal. After a second or two the V1 flashed "J" and then went silent, and the RL also went silent.
    The light turned and I started rolling, and a few hundred feet later the RL alerted to Ka, but the V1 was silent. Over the next 1-3/4 mile the alert grew stronger until I met a local LEO in a parking lot 50' off the right side of the road, facing towards me (car pointing towards where I had just come from). The V1 was dead silent the whole time.
    I've had J-outs before, and I've seen other posts about V1's J-ing out LEO's, but I had no clue it could be this serious.
    Do you think this was really a J-out, or is is my V1 sleeping again? I just got it back from VR 3 weeks ago! WTF?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: The mother of all J-outs?

That's a scary situation. I've only had one J out with my V1. When I got that J out, I noticed that it picked up the signal 3 or 4 seperate times within 20 or so seconds. If that is normal, I would think that the V1 should have picked up that signal more than once, but I'm not familiar with how the J out feature exactly works.

Unless the detectors were interferring with eachother?

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Radar Fanatic

about a few weeks ago the V1 j'ed out a weak KA signal like 4 times within 1-2 minutes. I don't know what that meant. I didn't see any cop though.

Good Citizen

I've gotten dozens of J outs, never seen a cop afterwords though.

snoopyc4

Do you have POP ON or OFF on the V1?

Radar Fanatic

The V1 detected the RedLine (Junk) and J'd it out. Duh.

Seriously though, the RedLine can be detected within a certain amount of feet (I think 2) so it does give off RF...meaning it can mess with the V1. This is something most people don't think about, but the RedLine can still be detected by the Spectre being very close to it. So, interference FTL.

You can't run 2 detectors at once, period. Tell me all the bs about it can't interfere with the V1 and I'll tell you you're wrong. I've never J-d out a LEO on ****ty detectors...why? I don't run 2 detectors.

Advanced Member

What do you mean "sleeping again"? Is the V1 acting up the same as before? I too had to send the V1 in, had an over the hill Ka 3-4 LED alarm to start out with, not the nomal ramp up but now I have had my first J-out with POP off, a week ago but did not notice a Leo at that time but did have one come from the rear less than a minute later with Ka. Just turn the V1 off and then back on if you have a J-out again, but I would want to see what happens first to learn from it, how long will the V1 ignore the freq. before returning back to normal operation, but you may never get in this same situation again. The Redline could have interfeared this one time, but I think not, must been a Cobra around. What Ka freq. was it? Happy Motoring...

Radar Fanatic

While I'm not softening the serious problem of the V1 J'ing out LEO's, I suspect the Redline had something to do with this particular incident.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
    I've gotten dozens of J outs, never seen a cop afterwords though.

I have had the V1 J-Out real cops before. It does it at the end of this video.

On a side note this cop absolutely owns me with I/O, it's the stuff nightmares are made of a LEO hitting you with I/O coming out of the fog before you can even see him, LOL.
    Last edited by rocky2; 12-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.