Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

Default Re: Friend testing new V1

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post

There have been claims that a power surge occurs when the RADAR unit is first switched on from the hold switch position and that this power surge will result in inaccurate and supposedly high readings. Recent tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicated that no false readings were noted during their tests. In digital type RADAR, the verification circuitry prohibits the RADAR reading from being displayed until a sampling is done over a period of time sufficient to analyze the signal to make certain that it is a Doppler signal rather than electrical noise. This precludes the RADAR from reading a high number, or any number in fact, until the signal is stabilized. The anti-detector switch effect is not a factor in modern RADAR operation, but it is emphasized that the target should be observed for a period of time prior to the reading being obtained and sufficient information should be obtained to develop target history to support any alleged violation.
    Ahhhh CJ...........I luv ya brother, but read your own evidence.

Modern radars, ie. digital radars, sample a target speed numerous times to ensure the reading is stable BEFORE displaying a target speed. It could be argued successfully that a sufficient tracking history was obtained by the LEO's visual estimation of your speed combined with the readout on the digital radar.

Besides, your testimony (or mine) in and of itself is moot.........we are not considered "expert" witnesses and Radar Detectors (especially those that fail to alert) do not have judicial notice.

However, all the LEO needs to attest to is that his radar is certified and that he is certified on that unit. Now that has judicial notice. He need not say anything other than he observed you traveling at a high rate of speed and confirmed that observation with his radar. You , on the other hand, can testify that he QT'd you (as your RD never alerted) and failed to obtain a valid tracking history..........and then pay the fine of course. The LEOs do not have to go into the particulars of explaining how their radar operates or the principles of doppler radar. Judicial notice took care of all that some time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nine_c1 View Post
    Ahhhh CJ...........I luv ya brother, but read your own evidence.
    Still doesn't change how it should be used to prevent error and wrongfully ticketing someone. Nice how you omitted the other documentation, guess we know who's side your on.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 12-12-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

Still doesn't change how it should be used to prevent error and wrongfully ticketing someone. Nice how you omitted the other documentation, guess we know who's side your on.
    Side? I'm on my side of course! You can believe in fairy tales or deal with reality.............the reality is if you get a speeding ticket with radar and both the radar and LEO have current certs your goose is cooked regardless of the circumstances or LEOs method of operation.

The only sure way of avoiding a conviction for speeding is to avoid getting the ticket in the first place. Anything that assists me in that effort I will call good, and anything that fails me in that effort I will call bad. Leoenforcement has shown me the consistent capabilities of his equipment to produce speed readings in less time than most detectors can catch it.............I don't like it, but in the end it's useful information to have. Perhaps someone could do something with this and improve their product to protect against this unique type of threat.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 12-12-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mobile Installer

x2 i agree.prevent error and wrongfully ticketing someone.i can show how radar causes error repeatably.Q/T or not...its all a guessing game in the end. no matter if he has a cert or not, Guessing wrongfully ticketing someone = wrong.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 12-12-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Banned

That's not the point Nine.

I'm done.
    Last edited by CJR238; 12-12-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Speed Demon

Agreed..........except for the part about selling my Belscort!

Leoenforcement is cool.........if I ever get nailed in Texas I would hope it would be by him! At least I feel I'd still have a chance of talking my way out of ticket as the man appears to hold no bias against RD users. He is into this stuff as deep as the rest of us..............only he sits behind the radar antenna. I don't know about the rest of y'all but I find his videos very informative.
    I agree with you 100% on this one.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 12-12-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Mobile Installer

nothing wrong with the vids. its about feeding bacon to the pigs that pisses us off about what we know,witch its all ready out there like a virus spreading. case dismissed +1 done.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 12-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum and those video is awesome, it let me know that how quickly you can get a speed reading.

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    Nice video! I've watched many on your channel. Great entertainment compared to what I've been studying for finals.

Also, I don't get the big deal for him being here. Can't anyone see the info we post?
    That is why some belong to private groups.

Radar Fanatic

Does DSR lock-on speed?