Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Another V1 "J"unk bug video (long)

Filmed today. I was lucky enough to have a LEO stopped at the end of my freeway exit. The V1 junked it the first time as I was slowing to a stop at the exit. After that, I turned the camera on.

I know it's not smart to run 2 detectors side by side but that's the only way I could replicate the "J" bug.

JBug.wmv
    2:23, 6.1mb
    Please "Right-Click, Save as..."

(Link may not be friendly to non-Micro$oft users if you do not RIGHT-CLICK!)

Old Timer

what firmware version is this?

Thanks for the great video! Until now, I didn't know exactly what the J-Bug thing is exactly (actually I do know what it is, but have not seen it in person). Thankfully, before I upgraded my old 1.7, I made sure firmware 3.826 came out and that others have checked out that it's okay. So, mine is 3.826. On the other hand, my brother-in-law is not so lucky because he bought his first ever V1 probably no more then 5 days before 3.826 came out. I have been telling him that his V1 has bugs, but now, I can actually show him.

So, thanks again.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    what firmware version is this?
    \
    His sig says 3.825. Time for a re-flash!

Experienced

>>On the other hand, my brother-in-law is not so lucky because he bought his first ever V1 probably no more then 5 days before 3.826 came out. I have been telling him that his V1 has bugs, but now, I can actually show him.<<

For the cost of postage he ought to send it in and get upgraded to the latest. From what I've read it would be well worthwhile to get 3.826.

Lead Foot

What I wonder is if this would have happened if he had not been running the leaky bel at the same time.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyRadar
    What I wonder is if this would have happened if he had not been running the leaky bel at the same time.
    I didn't look at the video yet because my windows media player doesnt like the file format but if he had run another detector at the same time it is possible to have the V1 J out the threat since the detector my be emmiting the harmonic that the V1 looks for in a junk detector.

Experienced

I forgot to mention, while I was stiill on the freeway the Bel picked up the Ka first. I thought it was a false since the V1 was silent. As soon as I saw the LEO, I got pissed off and turned off the Bel then stared at the V1. The V1 remained completely silent until I cycled the power.

Advanced Member

Nope. This is a classis example of why you should never run two detectors in the same vehicle.

Professional

We all know too well the 3.825 will J out real KA, with the Update of 3.826 its unheard of "SO" far. Send it in for the update and problems over