Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default ?Any Deals for the V1?

i'm new to radardetector.net and would like to know if mike v offers any deals to radardetector.net members

it would seem like a reasonable thing for mike v to do given that a significant portion of his business likely comes from referrals/recommendations through this website

i know other forums like avs forum (audio/video site) has special deals with some vendors and hope mike v does

if not, is there any way we could mobilize such an effort for mike v to provide at least some extra benefit to members of this site who purchase his products

thanks,

dave

Radar Fanatic

Ask for a returned unit for $359. Reports are that there is absolutely no difference between that and a brand new unit, just that it had been used by someone for a week or so and decided not to keep it. Firmware and warrantee are same as new. That's the only deal you can get.

Experienced

<<i'm new to radardetector.net and would like to know if mike v offers any deals to radardetector.net members ....
    it would seem like a reasonable thing for mike v to do given that a significant portion of his business likely comes from referrals/recommendations through this website >>

I wouldn't hold out hope on a group/forum member discount, nice though it would be. Actually, I'd guess that the biggest single source of V1 buyers has traditionally come from Car and Driver magazine readers. After C&D's first radar detector test with the V1 in it, there was a 3 to 6 month waiting list to get a V1. (I was on it.) Fortunately you can get one without a long wait now.

Valentine is like Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and Ferrari - these aren't traditional businesses where the goal is more sales! More units! More market share! Instead, these are businesses where the business first and foremost is about integrity and product quality. That's why people don't buy a Rolls, Lambo, Ferrari, or V1 because of a price comparison, they buy on reputation and long-term value.

Look at the other detector brands; they sell cheaper models, expensive models, cordless models that even the mfr's know can't do as good a job as corded models; some sell other items besides radar detectors, all to capture sales dollars and market share. That's what traditional businesses do, and that's fine, but Valentine is about one product, the Valentine One, and keeping it the best unit of its kind that you can buy. Not one V1 has ever been made obsolete; every last one can be repaired or upgraded to brand new specs. Every other 'detector' company has abandoned probably a dozen or more of their models on the ash heap of history in the time the V1 has been around.

It would be nice to get a discount, but really the V1 is such a good value that discount or no, it's already less expensive to own than any of the others. Brick's suggestion to ask for a returned unit to get $40 off sounds like the only way to save a few bucks and I think if you can do that, you're doing great.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    <<i'm new to radardetector.net and would like to know if mike v offers any deals to radardetector.net members ....
    it would seem like a reasonable thing for mike v to do given that a significant portion of his business likely comes from referrals/recommendations through this website >>

I wouldn't hold out hope on a group/forum member discount, nice though it would be. Actually, I'd guess that the biggest single source of V1 buyers has traditionally come from Car and Driver magazine readers. After C&D's first radar detector test with the V1 in it, there was a 3 to 6 month waiting list to get a V1. (I was on it.) Fortunately you can get one without a long wait now.

Valentine is like Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and Ferrari - these aren't traditional businesses where the goal is more sales! More units! More market share! Instead, these are businesses where the business first and foremost is about integrity and product quality. That's why people don't buy a Rolls, Lambo, Ferrari, or V1 because of a price comparison, they buy on reputation and long-term value.

Look at the other detector brands; they sell cheaper models, expensive models, cordless models that even the mfr's know can't do as good a job as corded models; some sell other items besides radar detectors, all to capture sales dollars and market share. That's what traditional businesses do, and that's fine, but Valentine is about one product, the Valentine One, and keeping it the best unit of its kind that you can buy. Not one V1 has ever been made obsolete; every last one can be repaired or upgraded to brand new specs. Every other 'detector' company has abandoned probably a dozen or more of their models on the ash heap of history in the time the V1 has been around.

It would be nice to get a discount, but really the V1 is such a good value that discount or no, it's already less expensive to own than any of the others. Brick's suggestion to ask for a returned unit to get $40 off sounds like the only way to save a few bucks and I think if you can do that, you're doing great.
    WoW!! you should work in their sales dept.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Ask for a returned unit for $359. Reports are that there is absolutely no difference between that and a brand new unit, just that it had been used by someone for a week or so and decided not to keep it. Firmware and warrantee are same as new. That's the only deal you can get.
    That is your best bet :wink:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by brick
    That is your best bet :wink:
    Good info to know.

Speed Demon

When I called on Wednesday, there was a six-buyer waiting list for returned units. They didn't expect it to get shorter anytime soon. The brand new one is 40 bucks more.

Speed Demon

Is anyone on the forum looking to sell there V1?

Experienced

>>Is anyone on the forum looking to sell there V1?>>

You could check on Ebay; there are always some for sale there. Be forewarned you'll have a hard time finding one less than $250, and that's for one several years old. A newer one will go $300 easily. Be careful what you buy - if the serial number is defaced or the unit has been reported stolen, Valentine won't work on it or upgrade it. I'd suggest checking the s/n with them on any used one you consider buying, wherever from.

Experienced

<<WoW!! you should work in their sales dept. >>

Well, the reasons for buying a V1 go beyond just the technical angle, as important as that is. People need to realize that not only is the V1 a different type of 'detector' but that is comes from a very different type of company.

I'm a zombie 1st class.