Thread: Just a thought?

Lead Foot

Default Just a thought?

If some crazy person would pay $?000 for Valentine Research to build the ULTIMATE V1 do you think it could be improved if price was not an issue?

Or how about a radar detector that works in harmony with a GPS reciever and you can program it where all the falses are?

Even if the V1 was 90% wider would we get better detection?

Amazing what a few beers does for you! :shock:

bogey

Radar Fanatic

I think a bigger horn would be the easiest way to gain sensitivity. After that you start to need more powerful signal processing to find the distant radar in the background noise. If the radio telescope at Arecibo can find faint signals lightyears away in space, we ought to be able to find a LEO an extra three miles down the road. But will the detector still fit on your windshield?

Experienced

>>Even if the V1 was 90% wider would we get better detection? <<

I don't know about that but I think its height (not all that high, but...) makes possible the larger and evidently way more sensitive laser-detecting sensors.

I wouldn't mind if Valentine came out with "The Standard" for laser jammers.

Cause really, the V1 detection is cutting edge, but that's only 50% of what you really need considering the widespread adoption of laser guns.

Lead Foot

I find laser is much more common in high density areas, and especially so on interstates. It seems the interstates that aren't in huge cities, besides big speed traps, are mostly radar still. But I'm sure that will change as the price of laser goes down.

V1 Zombie

I would be dam sure Mike V1 has a "after market" V1 in his car. If i where him i would. He also has stated that making a V1 remote unit would put the price into F16 cost. 8) which i would be able to aford as would bogey but not the bell boy's.(just joking girls)
    Bogey let them beers flow mate i do some of my best work under the bottle

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    I would be dam sure Mike V1 has a "after market" V1 in his car. If i where him i would. He also has stated that making a V1 remote unit would put the price into F16 cost. 8) which i would be able to aford as would bogey but not the bell boy's.(just joking girls)
    Bogey let them beers flow mate i do some of my best work under the bottle
    8)

bogey