Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default No Stealth V1 Coming

I’ve been giving this some thought and I believe that Valentine will NOT be releasing stealth V1.

My reasoning is as follows. Valentine is a small American Company that is geared towards a “Niche” in the RD market... His primary target market is the USA.

So if Valentine does stealth his V1 he now is confronted with changing his corporate structure. He will have to go international, which he seems to have no interest in doing.
    The other option is that he would have to allow independent retailers like Roy to sell his RD to customers outside of the USA.

If Valentine is the egomaniac as some suggest I just cannot see that Roy (or anyone else) would need the headaches of dealing with Valentine Research. Also I think Valentine is protective of his company and product like “A Mother Hen protecting it’s nest”. I just don’t see that happening.

The reality appears to be that Mr. Valentine is doing very well with the status quo he has (if his Porsche’s are any indicator) so what’s in it for him to stealth his V1.

I just don’t believe he has any motivation to infiltrate the Canadian Market (very small) The Australian Market (small) and Europe...

I’m not sure how big the trucking market is in the USA, The Spectre does not seem to be an “Issue” in the USA yet.

How many Spectres are there in for example Arizona? (Probably only one Roy’s)

My thoughts people. Comments?

Oh and while typing this it just hit me, My V1 has Euro Mode which I have never turned on……so maybe I just put the first hole in my theory…….

Yoda of Radar

I thought you had some "official" information....

Speed Demon

The other hole in that theory is that many users in the USA may not want LEO knowing that they're using an RD in order to avoid "RD profiling" or to be able to pull off the "who, me?" thing.

That said, I have to admit that the various info coming out of VR just doesn't jive with a concerted effort at stealth. For example, last week when I ordered my replacement V1, the sales lady told me that they STILL didn't have a Spectre III for testing On the other hand, I guess they don't really need it in order to understand the issue.

Newcomer

Default Re: No Stealth V1 Coming

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    <snip>

I’m not sure how big the trucking market is in the USA, The Spectre does not seem to be an “Issue” in the USA yet.

<snip>
    Do a lot of US states have Spectres for attempting to catch trucks? I would think that it wouldn't be a justifiable cost (how much is a Spectre anyway?), depending on how rich the particular state is and how much revenue comes in from an illegal RD ticket vs. a normal speeding ticket. (I'd assume a lot of the western states can get some pretty hefty tickets going pretty regularly, given that it's really tempting to speed out there what with practically no one around...)

Professional

I truley believe that V-1 and crew are working on a stealth detector! With the stealth and performance of the V-1 he would have the market--Maybe :?

Radar Fanatic

Actually I have heard somewhere on this forum that Arizona is hard on truckers with RD's and that they do have Spectre, (found something) Roy said in May 05 that Texas has 174 Spectre's. http://radardetector.net/viewtopic.p...a+dps+truckers
    It does not seem to be an issue here in Ca but I turn mine off at scales anyway.
    I think Mike is working on it when I have asked in the past VR told me that they cannot get their hands on a spectre unit, only law enforcement can.

Default re

hi

I just join The Horn thinking way, a good vision of the topic on my mind.
    Why putting bucks in a small market of Spectre protection ?????
    By the way here in EU, i just know that many guys will simply change when a RD with Spectre protection and Ku band will be able for our EU market.
    I just bet on it; even convinced V1 men like I am will change for security reasons as it is too riskly over there

Best trip to all

Fred

Radar Fanatic

i remember reading a post from a member who got his v1 shipped to canada by VR. doesn't that count as international?
    i wonder if they ship to parts where rd's are illegal then i guess they would have some kind of market.

Old Timer

No, he wants to get around the world would be my guess. Why else would he add euro mode?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: No Stealth V1 Coming

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    I’ve been giving this some thought and I believe that Valentine will NOT be releasing stealth V1.

My reasoning is as follows. Valentine is a small American Company that is geared towards a “Niche” in the RD market... His primary target market is the USA.
    I only said that like 1000 times :wink:

The only place VR ships that bans RD's is Va and we know what a joke that is

Euro mode was very simple addition. Just add a program to look at 34,3. Spectre is much more challenging.

Texas DPS is supposed to have like 250 Spectres! Hell that's more than Ontario