Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V1 vs. Ka 35.5

ES13Raven

Default V1 vs. Ka 35.5

Anyone have an idea why the V-1 did so bad against Ka 35.5?

The 3.826 was pretty far down the list, and the 3.825 got about half the average range of all the other detectors.

:?:

Radar Fanatic

Well, the 3.826 version alerted farther down range by 15% vs the STI which isn't too bad. As for the 3.825, I don't know but something is definitely off. I notice that the same detector that did so terribly against 35.5GHz radar performed excellently against the mid-band 34.7GHz and then pretty badly again against 33.8GHz. Based on the good 34.7 result I don't think there was anything wrong like a LO mis-calibration. I honestly can't think of a good reason.

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 vs. Ka 35.5

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven

The 3.826 was pretty far down the list, and the 3.825 got about half the average range of all the other detectors.

Good question! Thanks to the GOL crew we will have Mike V. scratching his head and bringing us yet another UPGRADE 3.827!

bogey

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    Good question! Thanks to the GOL crew we will have Mike V. scratching his head and bringing us yet another UPGRADE 3.827!
    Since the V-1 has a EURO mode, maybe they should do a USA mode like the RX65. Or is that patented?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven

ya me to i would like to know what Mike V says about this?
    i was :shock: to see that the x50 rev 5 had more range took it bye 129 feet more than the new v1 3.826

Lead Foot

I would have to agree with Brick on this one because Jasons V1 did exceptional on Ka center freq 34.7 and good on low Ka 33.8 but at the high 35.5 it did poor. I am scratching my head on this one also.

Speed Demon

I really have no idea, but my GUESS is that it might have been related to the power output of the Talon gun more than its frequency. V1 has very high quality electronics and such a great DSP that it has time to do all sorts of processing without slowing, but its antenna may introduce a basic design constraint that may have to be addressed as gun power drops. Just my guess. Remember that due to the test layout, all detected signal was reflected from forest and trees.

V1 Zombie

Also no 2 same bran detector's are created the Same. I was thinking along the same line's ES13raven as to the RX65 suck Ku how on earth could that be so bad? your better to have your radio searching for it I know off topic......... :twisted:

Founder of Stealthvation

Remember guys who the hell are we to tell ANY company that their jammer or detector works or does not work? We are NOT professionals. Dont make us bigger than what we really are. If it was not for this forum and Roy GOL would have never happened. Remember we are just doing this for the love. Donations on the GOL website are always welcomes especially if people want to see more thorough tests. We dont get paid by anyone so our tests are pretty basic. We do what we can afford.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Remember guys who the hell are we to tell ANY company that their jammer or detector works or does not work? We are NOT professionals. Dont make us bigger than what we really are? If it was not for this forum and Roy GOL would have never happened. Remember we are just doing this for the love. Donations on the GOL website are always welcomes especially if people want to see more thorough tests. We dont get paid by anyone so our tests are pretty basic. We do what we can afford.
    I understand your ponit happya$$. thank you FOR DOING HONEST TEST. it shows that the v1 is not the BEST affter all. i am still thinking about the results on Outruns V1 IS SUCKED BIG TIME ON THE 35.5 FREQ
    I think there should be a answer-