I got my Verizon iPhone last week. I downloaded and installed the RadarActive app. In short: it no workee. There's no map, it wants to play music instead. At least to my understanding of how it should work.
1) This is a Verizon CDMA phone, not an AT&T GSM phone.
2) I don't have the V1 transceiver yet but my understanding is that it should work without it.
3) No map display! It wants to play music instead. There is one other review on the app store site with someone having the same problem.
4) In the iPhone settings there is an area for location services. It shows the apps that have asked to use GPS, etc. Several apps show up and work. But, RA does not show up. I was thinking that if it were asking for location it would show up here so this makes me believe that it is not working right.
5) I posted in the RadarActive forum but I can hear crickets chirping over there -- no responses so I figure that since there is more traffic here I'd post this up and see if anyone can help. I also sent email to RA support.
1) Is my understanding of how it should work correct? That is, should it be playing music instead of showing a map?
2) Do I need to have the V1 plugged in to make it work?
3) Does anyone else with a Verizon iPhone have this app? If so, does it show the map or play music?