Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: v1 upgrade question

Sounds great! Only the city cops use Ka here so the range is always full of clutter. Glad you like. I hope your falses don't increase much.

Quote Originally Posted by kkoshko View Post
    holy freaking crap, i dont know if it's because i have been driving with ka gaurd off. BTW haven't ran into one false yet . but i just had the most incredible range on the V1. It's 35.5, and it was at least 2.5 miles if not more...in a double sided road with trees separating he was on the other side. I'm not quite sure the range i'll OD it tomorrow...but i didn't have my camera on me. I was torn about using the rx or the v1 cause the rx is superb against 35.5. But i think the v1 would of crushed the rx. If you guys want i'll take a vid where i got the first alert to where he was. But anywho wow. is all i have to say lol

how do you know the freq of the ka using a V1?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by titleist731 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkoshko View Post
    holy freaking crap, i dont know if it's because i have been driving with ka gaurd off. BTW haven't ran into one false yet . but i just had the most incredible range on the V1. It's 35.5, and it was at least 2.5 miles if not more...in a double sided road with trees separating he was on the other side. I'm not quite sure the range i'll OD it tomorrow...but i didn't have my camera on me. I was torn about using the rx or the v1 cause the rx is superb against 35.5. But i think the v1 would of crushed the rx. If you guys want i'll take a vid where i got the first alert to where he was. But anywho wow. is all i have to say lol

how do you know the freq of the ka using a V1?

I have a Rx also. Once i start to get the alert from the v1 i flip that on if i wanna know the freq. But all cops around me and i mean ALL run 35.5. I've never once ran into a leo running anything else. Unless it's k band