Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V1

Good Citizen

Default V1

Keep hearing about V1 not being good for city....Why :?: :?: Can't you adjust for city :?: :?:

Any pictures of V1 mounted on visor Razz

Old Timer

This is where I come into play & these are my problems...
    If you adjust the v1 for the city, you will end up with a ticket in your hand. The reason for this is the instant on radar. If you set a delay on your v1, you can kiss your chances of an instant on radar goodbye. If you set a strength threshhold on it, you will also kiss any chance of a decent instant-on hit goodbye. Driving on the big L isnt enough from all the K band falsing that the v1 gives.

In the end I am actually re-buying my x50 & also keeping my v1. I will use the x50 for the city and the v1 for those long road trips.

Power User

What if you are in a city with no X band(like 90% of cities) and you disable the X band and mute K band from the rear. Will you still have false problems with the risk of a ticket with the V1?

Old Timer

The falsing isnt on the X band, it is on the K band from the front sides & rear. you will still false quite a bit disabling k-band from the rear.

Founder of Stealthvation

I will tell you this that "L" mode DOES effect K band. For example in one area of my town I get 6 K band false alerts but when I put in on "L" mode I do not get these alert so whoever says that "L" mode does not effect K band is full of it. Put it on "L" mode Sethy and you will see a HUGE difference
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Sethy, I don't understand why you think the V1 will get you an instant on ticket in a city or logic mode but other units will not.
    Look at city filtering at C&D sorry for the old test but they seem to be the only organization that will test for city mode.
    If anything from these test results the V1 would be the best chance at catching an instant on in the filtered mode.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=1985

http://valentine1.com/lab/cd_radar_detectors.pdf

Founder of Stealthvation

I find myself using "L" mode 99% of the time and pick up threat WAY ahead of time

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    I will tell you this that "L" mode DOES effect K band. For example in one area of my town I get 6 K band false alerts but when I put in on "L" mode I do not get these alert so whoever says that "L" mode does not effect K band is full of it. Put it on "L" mode Sethy and you will see a HUGE difference
    It is on L mode

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Sethy, I don't understand why you think the V1 will get you an instant on ticket in a city or logic mode but other units will not.
    Look at city filtering at C&D sorry for the old test but they seem to be the only organization that will test for city mode.
    If anything from these test results the V1 would be the best chance at catching an instant on in the filtered mode.
    I'm not talking about modes, im talking about re-programming the V1.

Founder of Stealthvation

In that case reprograming the V1 WILL make you vulnerable to Intant On

buyradardetectors rocks!