Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP My V1 is INOP

Help!

I purchased a brand new in box V1 about a year ago... right off the official V1 website factory sealed... I then proceeded to hardwire it to my car and it never left my vehicle again.. its always been at the very top of my windshield under the sun screen. Ive never messed with it whatsoever ever since i set it up a year ago and its had no problems ever since.

Last night i drove home and turned my vehicle off, the v1 worked completely fine with no problems... then today i get into my car... the V1 turns on and goes through its opening processes fine.. it then turns to the solid A showing me its ready to go.. no problems at all... then 10 seconds after that a big E displays on the device along with a low pitched extremely distinct beeping noise... this does NOT go away and stays in E mode until turned off..

Ive turned it off and back on, as well as unplugged it completely afew times and it still does it... it initially turns on completely fine and then goes into the standard ready mode.. then 10 seconds after that it always goes into E mode and will NOT get out of it...

last night it was working fine and nothing has happened to it.. whats happening here? what can i do?

thank you

Power User

Default Re: HELP My V1 is INOP

Last edited by v1user; 09-20-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Dang dude, sorry about that.

X2. Just call VR and send it in. Should be free.

Power User

You probably fried the circuitry leaving it up there....

ALWAYS take it down when you're out of the car.

UPDATE: So i went out to my truck tonight figuring that I would take a video of what my V1 is doing and put it on youtube and low and behold the unit worked fine... I started it up and waited over a minute for it to E out and it never did... I then turned it off and back on again expecting it to happen and it didnt do it that time either... whats going on here? It seems like an intermittent thing... It never did it before whatsoever... then tonight it didnt work for my entire drive too and from work and now its working again??

I should probobly send it in just incase to see what the deal is but at the same time I dont want to have to pay for shipping and be without my V1 just for them to say we cant duplicate a problem / nothings wrong with it and it be a waste of time

Mine did the same thing, 3.864, threw the E error code for a day. Then it was fine for another day, then it threw another E code the next day. I sent the V1 in, paid shipping and insurance. Repaired in a week, no charge, and VR sent it back 2 day freight service just as I had sent it to them. Been working great since, great CS!!

I'd say send it in.

BC

Professional

I'd say send it in you dont want to speed hoping it works 100 percent

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Joe92t View Post
    Help!

I purchased a brand new in box V1 about a year ago... right off the official V1 website factory sealed... I then proceeded to hardwire it to my car and it never left my vehicle again.. its always been at the very top of my windshield under the sun screen. Ive never messed with it whatsoever ever since i set it up a year ago and its had no problems ever since.

Last night i drove home and turned my vehicle off, the v1 worked completely fine with no problems... then today i get into my car... the V1 turns on and goes through its opening processes fine.. it then turns to the solid A showing me its ready to go.. no problems at all... then 10 seconds after that a big E displays on the device along with a low pitched extremely distinct beeping noise... this does NOT go away and stays in E mode until turned off..

Ive turned it off and back on, as well as unplugged it completely afew times and it still does it... it initially turns on completely fine and then goes into the standard ready mode.. then 10 seconds after that it always goes into E mode and will NOT get out of it...

last night it was working fine and nothing has happened to it.. whats happening here? what can i do?

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe92t View Post
    UPDATE: So i went out to my truck tonight figuring that I would take a video of what my V1 is doing and put it on youtube and low and behold the unit worked fine... I started it up and waited over a minute for it to E out and it never did... I then turned it off and back on again expecting it to happen and it didnt do it that time either... whats going on here? It seems like an intermittent thing... It never did it before whatsoever... then tonight it didnt work for my entire drive too and from work and now its working again??

I should probobly send it in just incase to see what the deal is but at the same time I dont want to have to pay for shipping and be without my V1 just for them to say we cant duplicate a problem / nothings wrong with it and it be a waste of time
    Is this really Superspeeder ?

snoopyc4

Send your V1 in for repair.