Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default 3.826 analysis, not 100% as expected...

i was very hesitant to post this, in fact thought about it for 2 days but i have to. my 3.826 gave me a "J" alert on a leo shooting Ka band radar. I got very good range on him, probably about half a mile, then i saw him. as i passed the leo the arrows worked accordingly, and after i passed him about 20ft. the v1 "j" alerted the Ka away. i really hope Mike V reads this thread or one of his tech's so they get to the bottom of this. this is my first experience with this since i have gotten my 3.826 back now for about 3 weeks it think.

brick was on to something when he said something about them lowering the threshold at which it "J" alerts rather than a true fix. this was kind of a bummer. come on Mike fix this and give me some Ka range boost please :!:

please report any other findings as such only with this newest version.

Speed Demon

Default Re: 3.826 analysis, not 100% as expected...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    i was very hesitant to post this, in fact thought about it for 2 days but i have to. my 3.826 gave me a "J" alert on a leo shooting Ka band radar. I got very good range on him, probably about half a mile, then i saw him. as i passed the leo the arrows worked accordingly, and after i passed him about 20ft. the v1 "j" alerted the Ka away. i really hope Mike V reads this thread or one of his tech's so they get to the bottom of this. this is my first experience with this since i have gotten my 3.826 back now for about 3 weeks it think.

brick was on to something when he said something about them lowering the threshold at which it "J" alerts rather than a true fix. this was kind of a bummer. come on Mike fix this and give me some Ka range boost please :!:

Sorry to hear that. Constant-on? Any chance that another detector was present in addition to the LEO, whether your direction or opposite? Bogeys still at 1? The only thing that strikes me is that 20 feet usually isn't quite enough time for the arrow to flip in my experience. Well, if there's a plus side to this, at least you had already passed the LEO before the V1 J'd. It would be worse if it J'd on the actual approach. Oh, do you have all the default settings?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: 3.826 analysis, not 100% as expected...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just sent my 8.25 off for the update

Radar Fanatic

If it's happening at 20ft past the cop there's no reason to panic. If my theory about what they did is right then I guess it's bound to happen at very close range. But for now I think we just need to keep an eye on the problem and make sure that it only happens at close range. That means within immidiate visual range of the LEO 100% of the time.

I still think it's all about the hardware. That's what they need to fix because that's what is producing the error. Maybe if we are lucky this will hasten the coming of a new, better hardware version.

Radar Fanatic

just sent mine in, ill let you guys know what i think

Old Timer

if there was another detector leaking the same frequency as the KA radar being shot, it would J it out.

Can you disable the J alert?

Old Timer

not without disabling POP i believe...

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa
    Yeah by turning off Ka band guard. It will false like hell though if you do this
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa
    Yeah by turning off Ka band guard. It will false like hell though if you do this
    Correct. I got a "J" alert even with POP turned off.