Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone here installed the V1?

Dear All,

Has anyone here installed the V1? I dont know how to install the power supply? How to get the DC from the wires in my E350????

Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Bon Shek

Radar Fanatic

i just looked for a fuse box, spliced one end of the hardwire and attached it to one of the fuses (i think you can wire tap but i did not want to do that)

then the most important part is a good ground, look for a screw in one of your panels and attach the ground, try to do a good job of hiding the wire

it really depends on how you want to run the wires around you car

Radar Fanatic

What you can do is to run the wires directly from the v1's power adaptor to the cars battery, this way you get a good direct power sorce without the fusebox hassle.......

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    What you can do is to run the wires directly from the v1's power adaptor to the cars battery, this way you get a good direct power sorce without the fusebox hassle.......
    Will voltage damage my v1? Do you have any pics?

You can buy spade connectors designed to let you tap a 12v line off your car's fuse box at any auto parts store or Radioshack. Use a metallic part of your car for the ground.

Or you could pull out your cigarette lighter and tap the wire that feeds that with the included clip on connector that comes with the V1.

Yoda of Radar

I think hiding the wire is harder than wiring it up....

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    I think hiding the wire is harder than wiring it up....
    I would definitely agree with that!

GTO_04

Default Thank you for your picture TabulaRasa. You are so great.

Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa
    You can buy spade connectors designed to let you tap a 12v line off your car's fuse box at any auto parts store or Radioshack. Use a metallic part of your car for the ground.

Or you could pull out your cigarette lighter and tap the wire that feeds that with the included clip on connector that comes with the V1.

Thank you for your picture TabulaRasa. You are so great.
    There are two pink conductors in your pictures, what are they? As i known V1 is useing the RJ11 cable as the power supply cable.
    How could you convert the RJ45 cable to the power calbe, do i still need the lighter adapter? Any new pictures??

Thanks

Those pink things are the spade connectors I was talking about. All you do is lift out one fuse, plug the spade in underneath, and stick the fuse on top of the spade. Choose a fuse that controls something that shuts off with your ignition, like for example the fuse for your climate control's blower fan.

One of the cables hooks up to the 3 way junction box that comes with the V1. I tucked the black phone cable along the A pillar, across the top of the windshield tucked into the headliner, and the phone line drops down from where the rearview mirror is. You cannot see the ground I used, but it's a piece of the metal on the car's chassis.

The other pink connector is wired for another electronic device in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa
    Those pink things are the spade connectors I was talking about. All you do is lift out one fuse, plug the spade in underneath, and stick the fuse on top of the spade. Choose a fuse that controls something that shuts off with your ignition, like for example the fuse for your climate control's blower fan.

One of the cables hooks up to the 3 way junction box that comes with the V1. I tucked the black phone cable along the A pillar, across the top of the windshield tucked into the headliner, and the phone line drops down from where the rearview mirror is. You cannot see the ground I used, but it's a piece of the metal on the car's chassis.

The other pink connector is wired for another electronic device in my car.
    Thank you for your explanatin again. Could you plesae post some pics.

Thank you again!