Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default If there is a V2, what would it be?

They say "keep looking at our web site for something new". I'm not holding my breath. But, if Mike Valentine does have something up his sleeve what do think it is? A mind reader that is sensitive to a cop's brain at three miles? And it would naturally give you the direction and distance? I don't think so, but you never know.

If there is a new V2, for me the features would fall into "must haves" and "nice to have".

Must have:
    ------------
    0. The performance (sensitivity, response time, ramp-up) and arrows must stay.
    1. Stealth. I live in Maryland. You figure it out.
    2. Better sensitivity on say, 35.5 GHz. (although I don't think they use that freq. here.). In other words, beat all comers at sensitivity across the board, even though overall I think V1 still rules.

Nice to have:
    ---------------
    1. Some more programming options.
    1a. I'd like to see an option for Ka guard off in "A" mode but on in "l" or "L" mode.
    1b. Ka band segmentation?
    2. Spec mode.
    3. Is GPS really needed? I think not. Let's let the GPS and nav vendors supply an interface for the V1 (or V2) to receive info. The RadarActive unit, for example, is pretty cool.
    4. How about a different display? I have a hard time telling bands apart by looking at the display. If it had the letter "K" or "Ka" or whatever lit up rather than just a red dot next to the letter that you can't always see, then this would do it for me. Otherwise, the beep and brap and de-deet should be more a little more distinct. Or even a new remote display unit with a different format would do it too.
    5. Dare I a say a remote mountable unit? Or how about just laser heads that you can mount low, high and in the rear. And maybe even interfaced with someones laser jammer, like the LI. So, when the V1 (V2?) laser detected something the jammer heads would fire off (in addition to whenever the jammer heads themselves detected something). Or how about additional antenna units that you could mount low and high?

I know these have been discussed before. So now, let's speculate. What new, innovative (or even crazy), game changing ideas do you think could be coming from Valentine Research? I like my idea of a directional LEO mind detect machine. What do you think?

V1 1.7 v2.909 w/CD and remote audio
    LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Professional

Default Re: If there is a V2, what would it be?

Here we go again.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stano0098 View Post
    Here we go again.
    Ok, leave out the middle part -- that's old had. What could be new that nobody has thought of?

LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Radar Fanatic

Advanced Member

So, nobody likes my idea of an LEO mind detect machine? (And no jokes about LEOs having no mind please.)

LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Speed Demon

There would only be a few things I would change for the V2. Arrows stay of course, same great range (better if possible), spec display, color modded display- one color for each band and green yellow, red in signal strength, RDD proof. Biggest want out of all of them is RDD proof

Yoda of Radar

Advanced Member

Ok, how about four antennae? Maybe remote mounted on top of the car, arranged like so, looking down from the top:

And then a new display that looked something like this:

Instead of knowing if the LEO was ahead, behind or to the side you would know if they were around the curve too, and perhaps how far.

LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Yoda of Radar

Something 100-million-years in the making is all that can fix this thread fail:

Advanced Member

An imaging infrared system. In addition to laser detection it can image the front, side, or rear of LEO cars (suitably magnified) and identify Crown Vics, Chargers, etc. even at night. No?

LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7