They say "keep looking at our web site for something new". I'm not holding my breath. But, if Mike Valentine does have something up his sleeve what do think it is? A mind reader that is sensitive to a cop's brain at three miles? And it would naturally give you the direction and distance? I don't think so, but you never know.
If there is a new V2, for me the features would fall into "must haves" and "nice to have".
0. The performance (sensitivity, response time, ramp-up) and arrows must stay.
1. Stealth. I live in Maryland. You figure it out.
2. Better sensitivity on say, 35.5 GHz. (although I don't think they use that freq. here.). In other words, beat all comers at sensitivity across the board, even though overall I think V1 still rules.
Nice to have:
1. Some more programming options.
1a. I'd like to see an option for Ka guard off in "A" mode but on in "l" or "L" mode.
1b. Ka band segmentation?
2. Spec mode.
3. Is GPS really needed? I think not. Let's let the GPS and nav vendors supply an interface for the V1 (or V2) to receive info. The RadarActive unit, for example, is pretty cool.
4. How about a different display? I have a hard time telling bands apart by looking at the display. If it had the letter "K" or "Ka" or whatever lit up rather than just a red dot next to the letter that you can't always see, then this would do it for me. Otherwise, the beep and brap and de-deet should be more a little more distinct. Or even a new remote display unit with a different format would do it too.
5. Dare I a say a remote mountable unit? Or how about just laser heads that you can mount low, high and in the rear. And maybe even interfaced with someones laser jammer, like the LI. So, when the V1 (V2?) laser detected something the jammer heads would fire off (in addition to whenever the jammer heads themselves detected something). Or how about additional antenna units that you could mount low and high?
I know these have been discussed before. So now, let's speculate. What new, innovative (or even crazy), game changing ideas do you think could be coming from Valentine Research? I like my idea of a directional LEO mind detect machine. What do you think?