Default V1 POP MODE: how would you know if you got popped pop??

Hey everyone, this is my first post but i have read almost every post that everyone has posted.. i have just gotten a V1 >> my first radar detector .. its just been approximately a month since ive gotten it.. my question is , has anyone gotten popped before? how would you able to tell the differenve between pop and instant on mode? as in, during pop, will the V1 just alert a single bar for a quick second or what exactly happens..

again, i would like to thank everyone for their posts as i have enjoyed them all, espescially the ones from the valentine one group and the GOL people... GOL test was really informative.. thank you all once again...

Radar Fanatic

Unfortunately POP detection alerts on a V1 just like any other alert, weak for far away and strong for close encounters.
    No special alert although it is nice that it does not come on at full alert like some of the others as false POP's can be very common.

I saw on the GOL test that the 3.825v V1 only reported 1 k band pop and the others didnt.. i was wondering, was there a test where the v3.826 V1 was tested on K band pop ? i wonder if out of the ten times, it would probably reported more times than the older version??

thanks for you reply v1 dave

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by trishul007
    I saw on the GOL test that the 3.825v V1 only reported 1 k band pop and the others didnt.. i was wondering, was there a test where the v3.826 V1 was tested on K band pop ? i wonder if out of the ten times, it would probably reported more times than the older version??

thanks for you reply v1 dave
    I am not aware of any pop tests on 3.826.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum trishul007, I think you might be referring to the more advanced 12ms POP gun that V1 picks up one out of ten times, the traditional POP gun is 67ms.

dang, i didnt even know that there were 12ms pop guns too.. is that k band pop or ka band pop?? if you look on the GOL test it says K band pop 16 ms - which the V1 only detcted once.. do you think that the 3.826 would do a better job at detecting it more? or would it be the same.. thank you both for your replies..