Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default 3.826 review after 750 miles

I have now had my 3.826 back for a week. I drive approx. 120 miles per day.
    I really hate this but here goes:

I get ton's of Ka falses!
    There.....I said it. :cry:

I am a V1 lifer and I'm not going anywhere. I've had a V1 since 1.7 and have had many upgrades over the years.
    I really want to think this is happening because it is SOOOO sensitve and it's like a dog that really wants to please its' owner.

I drive the turnpike for most of my ride which is exposing me to more than the average amount of RD users. LOTS of cars on the turnpike have RD's in their windshield.(mostly POS) so this is probably the reason I'm getting 3 to 4 Ka falses per day. Every day!

I don't think it's the POP thing because the falses usually last for a while before disappearing. What is happening? Are POS RD's emitting exact radar frequencies or is my V1 not filtering as it should be?

I WANT A DOWNGRADE TO 3.813!!!!!!!!!!
    Think VR would give ME $75 for the downgrade?

Founder of Stealthvation

Wow that is surpising.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Default Re: 3.826 review after 750 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Buz
    I have now had my 3.826 back for a week. I drive approx. 120 miles per day.
    I really hate this but here goes:

I get ton's of Ka falses!
    There.....I said it. :cry:

I am a V1 lifer and I'm not going anywhere. I've had a V1 since 1.7 and have had many upgrades over the years.
    I really want to think this is happening because it is SOOOO sensitve and it's like a dog that really wants to please its' owner.

I drive the turnpike for most of my ride which is exposing me to more than the average amount of RD users. LOTS of cars on the turnpike have RD's in their windshield.(mostly POS) so this is probably the reason I'm getting 3 to 4 Ka falses per day. Every day!

I don't think it's the POP thing because the falses usually last for a while before disappearing. What is happening? Are POS RD's emitting exact radar frequencies or is my V1 not filtering as it should be?

I WANT A DOWNGRADE TO 3.813!!!!!!!!!!
    Think VR would give ME $75 for the downgrade?
    MAN THIS SUCKS HAVE YOU TRIED TO CONTACT VR AND ASK THEM TO DOWN GRADE YOU V1 I THINK THEY SHOULD LEAVE IT TO THERE CUTOMERS CHOICE TO PICK WHAT FRIM WARE THEY WANT.

Radar Fanatic

Turn off POP if the Ka falses bother you. TRUST ME ON THIS!! I had the same doubt that it would do any good due to the duration of alerts but I was wrong. It was just as quiet as when I bought it as 3.813.

Not that it will help with your $75, of course.

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah good point turning off POP (like I have) keeps the V! pretty darn silent
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

i should get mine back by the end of the week!

i feel my comparison might be based against the 8500 since i have used it a couple of days

ES13Raven

So let me get this straight...

On previous firmware revisions, if you turned off POP detection - it did not make a difference in Ka falsing reduction correct?

And with the 3.826, there are increased Ka falses and turning off POP will reduce them?

Newcomer

I got my 3.826 last weekend. I've put about 200 miles on it since then and have had no Ka falses. Every time Ka has gone off, I've seen a CHP or Sheriff soon after. K band is another story though and I've turned off X band altogether. I've also had 2 laser falses, though both were very brief.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    So let me get this straight...

On previous firmware revisions, if you turned off POP detection - it did not make a difference in Ka falsing reduction correct?

And with the 3.826, there are increased Ka falses and turning off POP will reduce them?
    Not exactly.

Turning off POP has always lead to nearly zero falses. The difference is that with previous versions there wasn't much reason to do it because the falsing wasn't too bad. Now with 3.826 there is dramatically more falsing on crappy detectors with POP turned on. It "J's" out 3/4 of them but it can still get annoying.

For me it depends on how many crappy RDs I encounter. Yesterday and the day before I had zero falses over ~150 miles of driving, but this morning I did had one within 2 miles. (It J'd out pretty fast.)

Newcomer

Turn on the Ka false guard functionality of your V1 ! And use POP functionality only, when POP really is used in your region, other wise you'll get many falses

Sascha :wink: