Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Default Re: Don't Link to V1s Site

Anyone caught posting links should get a fork stuck in them.

sausage2.jpg

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

What about Fuzzbuster? I really want to link to them. I am sure if i do radarbusters will never sell another RD again.

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
    That does bring up something I've always wondered. Now I know what the rule says, and understand the reasoning behind it, since Radarbusters pays for this site. But what about this scenario:

1. Someone posts asking about Acme widgets, because they are found to work better than regular suction cups for mounting RDs. They want to know where to buy them.
    2. Radarbusters and Hayneedle don't carry Acme widgets, or any widgets for that matter.
    3. You can buy the widgets directly on Acme's widget site, and that's all they sell on the site. They don't sell anything on the site (such as RDs) that would compete with RB or HN.
    4. Someone posts a link to the Acme widgets site.

By the literal interpretation of the rule, the link wouldn't be allowed, but would it be ok according to the spirit/intention of the rule? Just curious.
    As long as the link makes sense, and does not give direct access to something that is found on radarbusters.com I personally don't see any problem with it. So a link to Acme widgets I would be fine with as long as a radar detector or accessory we sell can't be purchased there.

Now if it an out of no where, just random post to a link that has nothing to do with counter measures or the thread in general posted then that is a little different

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    I got banned for posting a link to a fitness website that sells fitness equipment (noting to do with the RD industry). So it depends on if the MOD is a freak or not.
    CJR if this was me I apologize for it. Basically I've tried to lighten up on my whole banning and rule strict policy. Like said before if it is on topic and doesn't link to something that sells what we sell then I don't see a major problem (I don't speak for all the mods and admins, if I get told differently by my boss then I will follow what he says)

Now regardless of what the link is too, links to Ebay and Amazon won't be allowed period. I know sometime ago a very entertaining link was posted to an Amazon review page, but it was just the review page there was nowhere on the page to get to amazon directly without going to the top and typing in the address, so I didn't see any reason to delete it. I hope this claifys up some things

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRadar View Post
    I got banned for posting a link to a fitness website that sells fitness equipment (noting to do with the RD industry). So it depends on if the MOD is a freak or not.
    CJR if this was me I apologize for it. Basically I've tried to lighten up on my whole banning and rule strict policy. Like said before if it is on topic and doesn't link to something that sells what we sell then I don't see a major problem (I don't speak for all the mods and admins, if I get told differently by my boss then I will follow what he says)

Now regardless of what the link is too, links to Ebay and Amazon won't be allowed period. I know sometime ago a very entertaining link was posted to an Amazon review page, but it was just the review page there was nowhere on the page to get to amazon directly without going to the top and typing in the address, so I didn't see any reason to delete it. I hope this claifys up some things
    It wasn't you, no worries. Basically no one should post links to anything that could possibly be taken as a dealer link that sells anything that as to do with this industry. And obviously blatant spam.

Radar Fanatic

I Dont understand your site doesn't sell V1s by itself so whats wrong with it?
    i could understand if v1s website was selling laser interceptors in a package deal too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    i could understand if v1s website was selling laser interceptors in a package deal too
    V1 doesn't work by itself.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    V1 doesn't work by itself.
    it'd appear that way

Good Citizen

Yours is a reasonable rule. I can certainly understand your not wanting to provide a link to a company whose products compete with those that you offer for sale.
    Last edited by ben721364; 05-02-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Radar Fanatic

This rule is just immature and pathetic.

I could see not being allowed to post a competitor's website URL however Valentine Research is a Product MANUFACTURER. People post links to the site more so for help, instructions, and parts only available on their site. What is the point of even having a Valentine 1 section on this site if you can't point people in the direction of where to find the user manual online. Might as well delete this section... or next thing we'll know when we say the V1 is better than any product on RadarBusters we might get banned.

This forum is a joke anymore, way much better years ago.

idk if any1 wrote this but on RADARBUSTERS i could nolonger find the v1