Thread: Double Zap Trap

Good Citizen

Default Double Zap Trap

This month's Motor Trend has a new (at least to me) V1 ad in it with the tagline of "The Double Zap Trap ... no other detector will find it." It points out the benefits of the arrows. Seems like their ads have been the same for a loooooonnnnnngggg time.

Yoda of Radar

Don't change what works........Just a thought..... :?:

Experienced

<<This month's Motor Trend has a new (at least to me) V1 ad in it with the tagline of "The Double Zap Trap ... no other detector will find it." It points out the benefits of the arrows. Seems like their ads have been the same for a loooooonnnnnngggg time.>>

There's not all that much reason to change the V1 ads. Valentine doesn't introduce a "revolutionary new" model every six months, they don't keep popping pointless new gimmicks on us like like "Traffic Safety Warning", talking alerts, voltmeters, or new-colored LCD's in the display. The story's been the same since the start - features and overall performance nobody else can match, in a unit that never becomes obsolete.

I'd like to see a new ad once in a while too, but I guess what is out there does the job. People who buy a V1 know why they are buying one instead of brand 'X'.

Professional

hoosier wrote:
    There's not all that much reason to change the V1 ads. Valentine doesn't introduce a "revolutionary new" model every six months, they don't keep popping pointless new gimmicks on us like like "Traffic Safety Warning", talking alerts, voltmeters, or new-colored LCD's in the display. The story's been the same since the start - features and overall performance nobody else can match, in a unit that never becomes obsolete.

You should post more often.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Buz
    You should post more often.
    I try not to get too carried away, being one of the so-called 'Zombies'. As far as Valentine's ads, they're a parallel to the V1 itself... no unnecessary change just for the sake of change.

Professional

Default and Dave would be correct !

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Don't change what works......
    The V1 is virtually a legend. Mike could stop advertising and have minimal impact on his sales. People know about and talk about the detector - - no other unit has a following like the V1. Just ask the zoombies:

Yes, the ads do have a recycled feel. Prolly not that important and it's his minimal effort at maintaining a presence to counter the competition.