Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default First time using v1

WELL AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF NOT HAVING ANY SPEED COUNTERMEASURES, I WENT AND GOT ME A V1. I USED IT FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME FOR MY TRIP FROM DALLAS TO HOUSTON. THE DETECTION RANGE, ARROWS AND THE # OF BOOGYS IS GREAT IN OPEN ROADS, BUT ONCE I GOT INTO THE CITY, THE V1 IS LIKE A NOISE MAKER. I ALWAYS HAVE USED BELSCORT PRODUCT AND I KIND MISSED THE GPS FILTERING. SETTINGS? I DONT KNOW IF I CAN DO IT ON THE V1 OR NOT, HAVENT REALLY HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK AT THE MANUAL, LIKE TURNING OFF X-BAND? I WILL SEE LATER, BUT OVERALL, I ENJOY THE V1, I GUESS SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP SOME TO GAIN SOME. I CANT WAIT TILL I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENT IN I/O AND QT.
    Last edited by mahjong007; 05-15-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Experienced

Default Re: First time using v1

I turn the volume way down or turn it off completely in the city. Usually if there are falses all the time theres no point in speeding in that area anyways, or there is enough traffic and traffic lights that you can't if you wanted to.

I don't drive through those areas that often, but I guess if I did I'd rather have a GPS radar detector.

Radar Fanatic

What band(s) falsing and what mode appears on the display? ? Have you programmed it yet or factory settings?

Experienced

I'd have to assume you're still running with factory settings. If so, it's time to program!! Texas members will have to speak up to confirm this, as there's plenty of them on here, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to disable X-band and POP for TX; wait for TX members to confirm this before doing so. If so, disabling these two options can eliminate 90 percent of the falsing coming from your current "noise maker".

Your next option is to program some K-band auto-muting into your V1 for the logic modes. The best method I've found from my experiences is to enable complete 30s K-band muting and set your muted volume lever to being barely audible. With this route, you'll maintain full volume for Ka and laser while keeping the K-band alerts at a reasonable level. Make sure you have a full understanding of how these functions work though before you enable them.
    Last edited by Silverado12; 05-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Now you know why most of say over and over, it is a great highway RD but not that great in city.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fire65 View Post
    Now you know why most of say over and over, it is a great highway RD but not that great in city.
    I actually don't find it too bad in the city. Disabling X band and using the K band auto-mute settings quiet it down more than enough for me.

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Lead Foot

Yes i am still using factory setting, havent had a chance to read the manual yet, but looks like i will be doing some research and programming to accommodate my driving environment. Thanks.

not trying to hijack the thread but how do you know what setting to use in your State,were can you find what they use in Alabama and Mississippi?"is there a site that tells you what band your state uses???
    sorry if i hijacked

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by badboyz4life View Post
    not trying to hijack the thread but how do you know what setting to use in your State,were can you find what they use in Alabama and Mississippi?"is there a site that tells you what band your state uses???
    sorry if i hijacked
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-7-2011-a.html