I always see posts where people are asking how long the process takes for Valentine Research to repair or tune their V1 and then send it back. Just figured I would post my experience with this.
I had a V1 that I felt was not alerting correctly at all, wouldn't false in places I knew it should. I didn't want to drive around for weeks waiting for it to alert so I went ahead and sent it in to VR. By the way this V1 wasn't in the best of shape, right beside the volume knob was a big indention in the plastic. Also, just from having it in your vehicle made the whole thing smell of smoke. Previous owner must have blown smoke directly into this thing...
- I shipped my V1 on a Friday evening, so not sure if it moved any Saturday or not. I live about 200 miles or so from Cincinnati, just to give you an idea.
- My detector arrived there on Tuesday. I wrote them a note with my V1 telling them the issues that I was having with it. I also didn't want to have to sign for it once they sent it back, in case I wasn't home. I called and asked how to waive the signature and they told me to send another note with it as well, saying this..."I accept all liability for Valentine Research to waive the signature upon delivery." and sign my name. So I also included this, along with me credit card info and wrote out that it was OK to charge it $45, and to call if charge would be greater.
- I emailed them on Thursday morning asking about the progress on my detector, they then replied with a tracking number, don't know if they were going to give me this information or not. They shipped UPS, so I got my package the very next day, Friday.
- I then sent an email back asking if my suspicions about the unit being faulty were correct. They then replied, "The unit was recalibrated." They keep everything hush hush.
- Anyways, the V1 is now falsing like crazy when I drive through town, love it!
- Total turnaround time for the repair of my V1 was exactly 7 days, not bad.
- Hope this helps you with any questions you have about the repair or upgrade process.