I just wanted to let everyone know my experiences so far with the V1 as far as the 3.813 & 3.871 comparsion. So far I am not edging the victory of either one.
Heres my reasons why:
1. 3.871 Pop on/off reduces K-band sensitivity...
2. 3.871 Pop ON causes every high end Audi to set off a k-band pop alert. (3.813 gets warning but not a full on alert)
3. Both radar detectors get laser alerts from the Infiniti QX45/56 models on the front and rear. (whats up with that)
4. Neither one is better than the other on Off-axis Ka
5. The GOL 2009 test edged out the 3.872 with Ka Guard off.. 3.813 tested with Ka-guard off? I think it would go toe-to-toe
6. The heat compensation is questionable?
7. The 3.871 radar horn has 4 big holes drilled in the radar horn... increased Leakage?
is there someone who has compared the 3.813 vs. the 3.871/2 with Ka-Guard off and come up with a solid conclusion?
My opinion is, why do I have shut off advertised features to get the "best" out of my radar detector? I am just stating my position.
Here are the internals of both:
Horns (rear).. Left 3.813;
Horns (top)... Top is 3.813; Bottom is 3.871 (the 4 holes make it look like swiss cheese)
Antennas... Left is 3.871; Right is 3.813
I heard mention that there is some sort of sensor on the new V1's, I couldn't find any... it's just 4 holes in the horn.