Thread: Easy question

Newcomer

Default Easy question

My V1 is on the visor clip and it shakes a little when I drive the car. Will this be a issue with detection?

Thanks,

Icebeam

Lead Foot

Default Re: Easy question

No. Vibration is normal, just make sure it stays level and on-axis, aka pointing straight ahead.

Newcomer

Another question. I finally got the V1 har wired into my car (BMW 335). I have a feeling that the installer may not have left me enough line to get the V1 so it has an non-obstructive view of the back. I think if I can adjust the angle, I can set it up just fine. Problem is, it seems like I can only set the suction cup mount to angle the back upwards. Am I doing something wrong in angling the mount? Any other suggestions? Will up pics later if needed. Thanks in advance!

Radar Fanatic

Just make sure that it is level, I know that some windshield is at differ angle so your v1 clip have some click in them to lock it in at any position, are you putting your v1 up high or low?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by icebeam View Post
    My V1 is on the visor clip and it shakes a little when I drive the car. Will this be a issue with detection?

Thanks,

Icebeam

It will be okay, I have a redline that bonce like crazy but it still can detect.

Newcomer

Got it, I'll have to play with it. As I mentioned, my V1 seems to naturally have the back slanting upwards. Its super high up on my windshield, with the rear sensor just to the right of my rear-view mirror. Im just concerned about my current setup b/c of the angle, which (i think) also results in the top tip of the rear sensor being blocked by the trim. Thanks again for the help!

Newcomer

I like to have some extra line for two reasons: adjustments not previously contemplated and for replacements of failed plugs. The good news is that it should be easy for you to extend the cord at an inconspicuous place, since it is ordinary phone cord. Having the installer find the right place for a connection is a good move, since that is the source of most mistakes made by those of us less knowledgeable about auto electricity. Now that that is done, you should be able to adjust anything else and add some extra length for use when necessary. In my case, I even changed the color of the cable to match the headliner to make it less conspicuous when the V1 is not attached.

Newcomer

Hey guys, I think I finally got the angle right. I wish I had a little bit of extra line so I could move it a little to the right (it barely has clearance from hitting the rear-view mirror). When you mention being able to extend it, how to I do this? Buy an telephone line extender, tuck it in the rear-view mirror panel, then run the new line to the V1? Thanks again!