New member here ... hello to everyone.
I have used radar detectors since Mike Valentine's original ESCORT from Cincinnati Microwave. In fact, I still have it in its original hard case and it's fully functional.
I just received my newly updated V1 ($189) 3.892 back from Valentine on Friday, October 14th, and I'm not sure what to think. Prior to the upgrade, my V1 was very stable going through town and was much more pleasant to use than my BEL Vector 995. However, after unboxing the upgraded V1 yesterday and powering it up, it beeped and squawked was as if it were demon-possesed. As I exited the parking garage in downtown Savannah, I got arrows from all directions, all the time. The bogey counter ran up and down the numerical scale from 1 to 5 to 3 to 6 to 1 to 2 blah blah blah ... over and over again. The unit finally frantically beeped itself into "E" mode, then froze. I finally shut the darn thing down, turned it back on, and it settled down (somewhat) as I entered the expressway, but once I exited off again, I begn getting every type of signal and countless bogies, from every friggin' direction, just as before.
I hope the new guy at VResearch (or the guy that was in a hurry to go to lunch) wasn't the one that performed my upgrade and cut corners, failed to properly bench test before slapping it in a box and shipping it out. I'll try the V1 again today, but I am afraid I will be on the landline to Valentine on Monday if this thing does not settle in. If it performs like it did yesterday, it is rendered useless for my needs. By the way, the unit is in it's factory settings on full Auto ... everything is on, which is the way I used to run it pre-update. The difference between my V! before and after the update is like the difference between a slow waltz and a Jitterbug (on meth). Go figure.
I'm open to any input.