Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default V1 comparison from a previous X50 owner

Alright yall. i got my V1 today. everything came with it. harwired kit, extra suction cups, manual, etc etc... but all i did was throw on some new suction cups, and plug it into my x50 hardwire kit that i had already run. it fired right up, i programmed it to X-off and POP-off. running in 'A' mode. i went out to get some Krystal about 2 hours ago and ran into all the regular falses. the V1 did a MUCH better job at picking them up then my x50 had. i even found a few falses that i didnt know were there cuz the x50 hadnt picked em up. i LOVE the arrows . and the display is much easier on the eyes than the bright Blue on the x50. it does have some ghosting issues though which im sure all of yall are aware of. I find it awesome that the 3.826 can be better than this cuz my 3.818 is amazing. i guess ive had the wrong detector for a while. i can feel the zombieness taking over :twisted: .

so now if i had to rank the Top 3, it be
    V1

X50

RX65

Yoda of Radar

Yeah As I have said (when I first started posting)... I plan on gettin the V1 for the car (during the summer) and transferring the X50 over to the bike. So I hope I have a good plan about that, when I posted that awhile back people felt it was a pretty good idea too so I am crossing my fingers everything works out.
    I was (at first) going to put the V1 on the bike... but after my friend showed me how useless it was on bikes I decided to switch plans up... He said he was throwing it (the V1 back in the car).

I dnk why, I am also not a huge fan of the RX65... no real performance issues, just never boded well with me.

BTW: Why didnt you get the new 3.826?

Radar Fanatic

VR doesnt accept paypal . but f_399 had an idea that i wish i wouldve thought of. pay someone else on the board through paypal and then have them get a returned unit for me. but i didnt think of it. but mine is still awesome. has POP2 and everything, just not EURO mode. i dont think ill be upgrading anytime soon. i can stand the ghosting.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    VR doesnt accept paypal . but f_399 had an idea that i wish i wouldve thought of. pay someone else on the board through paypal and then have them get a returned unit for me. but i didnt think of it. but mine is still awesome. has POP2 and everything, just not EURO mode. i dont think ill be upgrading anytime soon. i can stand the ghosting.
    Yeah thats not a bad idea. I am not a huge fan of giving out credit information over the computer or phone. (And I sure as ufck dont wanna mail it). I dont see why they dont accept paypal? Anyone?

Yeah I figured after I posted that you went in for a returned unit, I plan on getting a new unit myself after people liking their new .826 so much, and no (apparent) ghosting, I hate that kind of stuff. Oh well I will see what awaits me and if my plans change for this summer.

BTW: What did you use to pay then? And how long did it take (I would assume some delay on a waiting list for returned units?)

Radar Fanatic

i bout one off ebay. thats why its 3.818. all new/returned units are 3.826. thats why i wanted one. but oh well. and i have no idea why they dont accept paypal. theyd prob do more business.

Good Citizen

ebay

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Menace
    ebay

yeah. ebay. thats the good thing about V1's. the serial #. i can find out exaclty what it has. this thing is LIKE NEW. no scratches nothing. came with everything. and the guy even called VR and switched the ownership to my name.

Professional

Another satisfied customer!!!

V Won, baby!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino
    Another satisfied customer!!!

V Won, baby!
    satisfied is underrating it lol. more like relieved

Lead Foot

Just so you know next time:
    If you have the funds in paypal, they will generate a card number for you to use... its sorta like a psudo card, no plastic exists, but you have a number to use (generally online)

You can also get the paypal debit card which works equally as well and is free.