Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 upgrade from 3.872?

I have seen where the 3.9X upgrade did very well in tests, but how does this:

UPGRADE PROPOSAL FOR YOUR
    Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX

Our V1.85 Upgrade* for this series of V1 will produce the following benefits:

Traffic Monitor Filter eliminates false alarms caused by SpeedInfo, a traffic-flow monitoring system that sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream. This software algorithm is installed at the factory but not activated. For activation instructions, click here.

Extended Serial Protocol (ESP) enhances two-way communication with future peripheral devices (details to be announced).

*One-year limited warranty starting at upgrade date, same as new units.
    -- Upgrade to V1.85: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we'll replace a circuit board and install revised firmware, then return it to you in the shortest possible time with a new serial number to indicate its revised capability.

PRICE: $79 plus shipping

....get me extra detection range?

Speed Demon

Default Re: V1 upgrade from 3.872?

VR does not claim increased sensitivity with the upgrade. MOST people that have upgraded claim increased sensitivity in K and Ka. I've only heard of one person that thought the 3.72 was better. That could be that he had a hot 3.72 a dead new unit or he has not given it enough time (he just got the update). I updated my unit and see improved performance. I thinks it's worth the price but you can wait for official testing if you dont feel comfortable with the update.

Radar Fanatic

I have noticed increased K band range but I cannot comment on Ka yet!

Experienced

Not trying to spoil anything but without hard numbers from testing I feel like a lot of the comments about increased range are just placebo effect. Yes I could be wrong but this happens all the time with anything. I do not have the latest version yet.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Stigs Cousin View Post
    Not trying to spoil anything but without hard numbers from testing I feel like a lot of the comments about increased range are just placebo effect. Yes I could be wrong but this happens all the time with anything. I do not have the latest version yet.
    I am not blowing smoke up your butt! If I was then i would have also said that there is an increase in Ka Range but I did not!

Speed Demon

Without a doubt, K has increased on my unit. I have a few "known" K speed signs and have noted the difference in sensitivity. I've also noted excellent Ka performance. Much harder to qualify since those differ based on where the LEO is and the speed trap set up (I don't have the old unit to do side by side comparisons). Initial observations show improved Ka for me but more encounters are need to qualify the difference. Also can't comment on off axis.....

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AWZ06 View Post
    I have seen where the 3.9X upgrade did very well in tests, but how does this:

UPGRADE PROPOSAL FOR YOUR
    Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX

Our V1.85 Upgrade* for this series of V1 will produce the following benefits:

Traffic Monitor Filter eliminates false alarms caused by SpeedInfo, a traffic-flow monitoring system that sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream. This software algorithm is installed at the factory but not activated. For activation instructions, click here.

Extended Serial Protocol (ESP) enhances two-way communication with future peripheral devices (details to be announced).

*One-year limited warranty starting at upgrade date, same as new units.
    -- Upgrade to V1.85: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we'll replace a circuit board and install revised firmware, then return it to you in the shortest possible time with a new serial number to indicate its revised capability.

PRICE: $79 plus shipping

....get me extra detection range?
    I am in the same boat as you. I am either going to wait for some more reviews on the newer update or just get it. I really want to see what Valentine has been cooking up though when they say "with future peripheral devices."

Lead Foot

I'm waiting for more data on this as well. My 3.872 sucks on Ka, especially around long turns.

Experienced

I'm in an area where k band photo radar is used, and is damn hard to detect, I'm hoping that the new .892 has deffinately improved k band compressed to the .872.

I'm gonna wait a while before I upgrade, to be sure that there is deffinately an improvement and no bugs

Radar Fanatic

I have been running my redline for a while so the other day I took my V1 that have the 3.872 ver. for a run and I notice that the redline do awesome off-axis, it pick up way before in places that the V1 is late on which is K band. The Ka band is pretty good so I'm like the other I think that I will wait at less until the first of the year and see.