Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell??

Lead Foot

Default What the hell??

Been running my new V-1 through the ropes and have been enjoying it so far. Compared to the RX65, I've been as or more happy with the V-1.

I do, however have something weird, in my opinion going on with the
    V-1. Every source of radar, LEO, door opener, drone, x, k, ka, bands, whatever, when I get past the source and the rear antenna picks up the signal the signal meter increases two fold or more. Its like the rear antenna is more sensitive than the front???? A little strange..... What do you guys think????

Good Citizen

I recall reading some stuff on these forums that talk about how some radar signal strengths are stronger from far away ------ maybe it could be that ------ or maybe it is this ghosting thing that happens with a certain version of the V1. Just a guess

Lead Foot

I just got the V-1 on Valentines Day so its the latest and greatest out there.
    Not sure what "ghosting" means unless its the old version V-1 syndrome that the V-1 I purchased 3 or 4 years ago had. It seemed like it couldn't figure out where the signal was coming from and the arrows used to go from front to side to back to front to side to back several times flashing every direction 10 times not seeming to know where the source truly was.
    This new V-1 knows where the radar is, the rear antenna just seems to be more sensitive than the front.

Radar Fanatic

If the source is pointed in your direction of travel the front antenna has to rely on reflections to find the signal. The rear antenna, on the other hand, will be pointed right at the source after you pass which will result in a much stronger return. There are one or two weak falses that I can only pick up with the rear antenna if I am travelling in the direction in which they are aimed.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    If the source is pointed in your direction of travel the front antenna has to rely on reflections to find the signal. The rear antenna, on the other hand, will be pointed right at the source after you pass which will result in a much stronger return. There are one or two weak falses that I can only pick up with the rear antenna if I am travelling in the direction in which they are aimed.
    what he said

Good Citizen

Default Re: What the hell??

Quote Originally Posted by MMeteor
    Been running my new V-1 through the ropes and have been enjoying it so far. Compared to the RX65, I've been as or more happy with the V-1.

I do, however have something weird, in my opinion going on with the
    V-1. Every source of radar, LEO, door opener, drone, x, k, ka, bands, whatever, when I get past the source and the rear antenna picks up the signal the signal meter increases two fold or more. Its like the rear antenna is more sensitive than the front???? A little strange..... What do you guys think????
    Try driving up to the fringe of a store door opener. Take the V1 down and turn it around and point the other end of it at the same door opener and see if the signal strength is indeed noticibly stronger.

My V1 is pretty much equal on both antennas as far as sensitivity goes. Might also verify that you don't have one of those windshields with the special metallic sun filter built in, or if it's mounted very high the windshields tint strip might be affecting the front reception.

Lead Foot

Thanks guys.
    I was pretty sure I didn't have the high tech windshield issue but the test you (Below the Radar) mention would help answer that question pretty quick eitherway. Way simple but definitly an easy experiment to determine what is going on that I didn't even think about. Thanks again!!!!!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by MMeteor
    I just got the V-1 on Valentines Day so its the latest and greatest out there.
    Not sure what "ghosting" means unless its the old version V-1 syndrome that the V-1 I purchased 3 or 4 years ago had. It seemed like it couldn't figure out where the signal was coming from and the arrows used to go from front to side to back to front to side to back several times flashing every direction 10 times not seeming to know where the source truly was.
    This new V-1 knows where the radar is, the rear antenna just seems to be more sensitive than the front.
    Valentine Day Massacre (of the competition) !!!!!!!! V Won, baby!!!

I love these success stories!!

Yoda of Radar

You have to worry when those Italians talk about mascres...... :shock: :wink:

Advanced Member

A V1 on Valentine's Day. How perfect is that?