Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Ka falses---How Often?

Alright I have been here alot waiting to see if the J-bug is fixed and k-band ghosting. And it seems to be fixed

My one concern is Ka-falsing...my BEL never falsed on Ka. and this is something i don't want.

So does the J-function cut out on Ka-falsing? ]
    How should I program it?
    -I know I will go w/Ka-more responsive just to get my attention quickly but

should I turn POP on or off?
    -I know NY state has MPH industry guns

how bad are the Ka falses with POP on?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

havent really tested on the 3.826 but i went on and turned pop off and it works like a charm!

i am sure you will get a number of Ka falses with pop on

when i hear Ka i want it to be 100% a cop

Radar Fanatic

With POP turned off I get absolutely no Ka falsing. (There was one fluke about three weeks ago that was "J'd out" instantaneously.)

With POP turned on it's a different story. Every ~50mi of driving I get a Ka false, which is more often than I run into actual Ka radar. City driving is much worse than highway driving because of all the crappy RDs headed straight at me vs. being separated by a median. Roughly 70-80% of the falses result in a "J" after 1-5 seconds. The remaining 20-30% of the time the false is not cancelled.

Everybody in Connecticut has a Cobra, so I turn POP off unless it's a highway trip. I would leave it on and deal with the falsing if not for the fact that I don't want to get myself into the habit of questioning Ka alerts. They are too important!

Experienced

I only have repeatable daily Ka false. I haven't pinned it down as to what it is but I think it's one of the cameras looking things mounted at the base gate.

I've only had a few other falses from other RDs while on the road, but (3.826) quickly "J"unks them out. No more than 1 second. 3.825 used to take as long as 30 seconds to Junk an alert out. Seems 3.826 sped it up.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    With POP turned off I get absolutely no Ka falsing. (There was one fluke about three weeks ago that was "J'd out" instantaneously.)
    Brick, when you say that - are you including or not including J'd out Ka alerts?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Brick, when you say that - are you including or not including J'd out Ka alerts?
    I'm saying that with POP turned off I have seen the one Ka false (which was "J'd" instantly) PERIOD. Every other Ka alert (and there have been many) proved to be real. I have covered roughly 800 miles like this.

ES13Raven

I'm saying that with POP turned off I have seen the one Ka false (which was "J'd" instantly) PERIOD. Every other Ka alert (and there have been many) proved to be real. I have covered roughly 800 miles like this.
    That is good to hear. :wink:

Good Citizen

I have POP disabled, only 1 Ka false which was quickly "J"ed

Yoda of Radar

With POP turned off I have had 0 KA falses in 1100 miles of driving.

Newcomer

After getting my 3.826 upgrade, I went on a 120 mile trip and the first 20-25 miles I would get a quick "brap" of Ka then nothing, then another quick "brap" then nothing...over and over. It then started to get stronger and stronger until I started to pass this vehicle and then it "J'ed" out and I noticed a radar detector in their window.

I since then have not seen any Ka falses at all. I've logged about 500 miles since. Tomorrow I will be travelling to Providence, RI from Portland, Me...I'll be travelling rt 95 all the way so we'll see what I can find...

I find that 826 is much more sensitive, yet it less sensitive on the "false" alerts...so much stronger detection yet quieter. Can't get much better!