Experienced

Default Ohio state patrol..plain view..lights flashing.I/O K-band

I caught the ohio state patrol using a smart enforcement tactic yesterday.

They were sitting on the side of the road, in plain sight, with lights flashing.

However, they were also operating rear-facing instant/on radar.

In fact, they were doing it so selectively, that I didnt get a signal until it was my turn in front of the gun.

I also want to mention there was a slight curve and very little traffic at all during the daytime when they were doing this.

All this said, if you were paying attention and quick on the brakes you could get slowed down if you were quick on it (saw the cop )

Ive always thought if I was a cop, this is how Id enforce the traffic. Sit there, plain view, lights on, and the dummies that whiz by who either didnt see me, or dont care that Im there are the ones who'd get tickets.

I had some SUV-driving moron on dec. 24th apparently not notice a trooper sitting in the median in plain sight. I was in the fast lane and slowed to about +5 psl when I saw the trooper. I would have moved to the right lane, but there was a vehle I was passing. Dummy behind me goes flying around me passing me on the right prob. doing 90.

Brief k-alert, dirt flying in the area, and the cop is off. He got pulled over.
    Last edited by dizwiz24; 01-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Ohio highway patrol. mobile k band...1 bogey, then 2nd brief bogey, then back to

Do you have slow down and move over law where you are? If so, looks like that's what they were doing

Good Citizen

Default Re: Ohio highway patrol. mobile k band...1 bogey, then 2nd brief bogey, then back to

What a dirt bag move.
    Sitting on the side of the road with lights on for no reason just to issue "failure to move over" tickets.

If it was a legit traffic stop I can see inforcing this law.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by SHOtime2511 View Post
    What a dirt bag move.
    Sitting on the side of the road with lights on for no reason just to issue "failure to move over" tickets.

If it was a legit traffic stop I can see inforcing this law.
    I didnt think of it that way...

2 tickets. Speed and/or failure to move.

NCHP did a lot of that and I know several folks in town that got tagged on the big road for not moving over.

The best cm’s are still the basics, using the eyes, slowing for potential traps, hills, curves, overpasses, obstructions, CB, 2 rabbits if available (LEO’s do have two customer speed readouts from their guns -- Stalker DSR - 2X has four readouts from either one or both antennas, yeah four customers at once from one antenna, yikes!) and of course a top end RD (programmed to your area and needs) and where needed jammers.

BC
    Last edited by Bridge Cables; 01-12-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: more cm's

Radar Fanatic

Some crazy stuff! Must have been a rookie. OSP is pretty cut and dry except for once when I got QT V1 bogeyed 1, volume dipped(signaling second source, same freq-not deet-deet-dute), then back to 1. He was staring at me as we passed each other. And the next day too.

Experienced

I had seen a pretty clever trick in Ohio a few yaers back. I have a V1 and was kicking up a country road. I started to get a K band bleep but did not see anything, it was flat road so I knew he was still a ways off. After 5 minutes goes by the K signal started to be continuous and then there was a brief KA blip. As the K band bars started to go up the KA blips were becoming more frequent. After another couple of minutes I passed a sheriff in the opposite lane running continuous K band and a 1/4 of a mile behind him a Highway patrol running instant on KA.

Advanced Member

The around the curve up close target display hits are nasty, the eyes have to win that one. I have figured out that if I have around me at least 2 more autos I am 100 percent safe with I/O, but not up front nor in the left lane, by the time the Leo finds the lock button (if it has one- only on newer models) for the fastest display (I may not be the fastest and which he cannot prove it because of 3 autos, unless it is a MPH Ranger unit but that would be to close to call), I just slam the brakes because I have the V1 programmed for no alarm delay (1 to 3 seconds on most RD units- that is way to long to alarm!), the Leo is just confused. It makes my day when I out wit the bad guys because radar has limits, learn them and use them to your advantage....
    Last edited by North Alabama; 01-14-2012 at 01:49 AM.