Guys and Gals....
The V1 "out of the box" out performed my 95ooix. I live on the North side of Atlanta, GA where the hills and curves create a "feeding frenzy" for LEOs. I needed a detector that gave me MAX protection for these type road conditions. Here's my experience on why the V1 is superior to the 9500ix:
1) Don't need the bells and whistles, just great detection. My Garmin's database tells me where redlight/speed cams, school zones, etc
2) Very easy to use. Very basic but can still be personalized for your driving situations.
3) If false alerts are your concern, reconsider because with a little tweeking the false alerts I got were minimal.
4) The unit was smaller than I expected and looks really great.
5) Love all the features, just enough for great performance....
Guys, if you want true performance and not all the B&Ws, get the V1 because all the other crap on the 9500ix is just for conversation....I want my conversation to be about PERFORMANCE !!!!!
V1 FOR LIFE.....SPEEDY 1