Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Physical update in the future?

I'm curious to know if anyone on here might know if and when a physical update to the v1 might occur. A v1 will be purchased one way or another, afaik, but I'd like to know if an update is coming. The newest one is just thinner. I would love for the band to light up instead of just the light next to the band. My father had one that he let me use a long time ago and I liked the volume low. A friend said that you learn the tones, but I don't even hear them.

Default Re: Physical update in the future?

As in a "v1 light" ?

I would just LOVE M/V to make a cheaper less featured v1 for less money but having the same detection capabilities.

Here that MIKE ?

The V1 is priced just right IMO. For the features and the protection offered, I would say the price is right on target for me at least. Something that says "I was designed during this millennium". Mike? Mike who?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Restoman View Post
    Mike? Mike who?
    lol you best be joking

Oh, Mike Valentine, is he on here?

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Restoman View Post
    Oh, Mike Valentine, is he on here?

Yes I am, and I’m watching who has been a good boy or not. If not I will send you a Friday afternoon detector, if so I’ll send you a V1 made in heaven.

Speed Demon

There's just no need for Mike to do that now. Especially with ESP available. Rest assured that guys like tz1 will develop ESP and products will be available towards the end of the year.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    There's just no need for Mike to do that now. Especially with ESP available. Rest assured that guys like tz1 will develop ESP and products will be available towards the end of the year.
    I hope so, I'll be waiting

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    So, are you saying that there is no need for a physical because when some ESP combined products come about that would be a good time to remodel?

Speed Demon

I think you know what I'm saying. If you read on VR's site about ESP, the features most people are looking for in a "V2" are almost all there. Aside from Spectre cloaking, the V1 with ESP and some other type of display (smartphone, HUD, etc..) can & will do frequency display, band segmentation, and even go higher than 9 bogeys (up to 15 according to tz1). Mike V. seems satisfied with the current look of the V1. The use of the 2 horns doesn't give him much room to play with. Many people think he is stubborn but Mike doesn't want to sacrifice performance for a more modern look. I'm with him on that.

The radaractive app was the first to integrate an iphone with the V1. It was pre-ESP tho and it doesn't look like any updates are forthcoming. That had GPS capabilities thanks to the iphone's GPS. So the technology is there just someone has to come along and implement the newer ESP technology.