Experienced

Default 3.826 - J'd out real threat

Driving down the freeway tonight I encounted a motorcyle officer traveling with the flow of traffic, with Ka constant on. I was about 1/4 mile behind him and the signal strength varied from 2-6 leds. Finally after following him for about 8 miles (and approximately) 10 minutes, the V1 had had enough and J'd him out. Shortly after that he pulled over a trucker.

It the V1's defense, I did have plenty of warning when the threat first appeared. The fact that it J'd out after 8 minutes wouldn't have affected my ability to slow when the leo first entered the road way. So I don't really consider this problem.

Lead Foot

Odds are over those 8 minutes you encountered a crapa or other leaky source of radar that was a harmonic of the LEOs radar. The V1 then Jed out the LEO thinking it was a crapra.

This is still an issue, one I wish would get resolved.

Radar Fanatic

with the 3.825 i had problem with junking real threats

havent had it with the 3.826

yes it is a problem, but i guess with any Ka alert... proceed with caution

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyRadar
    Odds are over those 8 minutes you encountered a crapa or other leaky source of radar that was a harmonic of the LEOs radar. The V1 then Jed out the LEO thinking it was a crapra.
    Right I thought of that. However the bogey counter never registered more than 1. One thing I've always wondered about the J logic is how would it handle real Ka + Junk detector at the same time. Does it J out all Ka signals or can it J out only one (leaking detector) without affecting the real threat. Anyone with V1, a Cobra and Ka gun could test this for us. Hint hint, nudge, nudge.

As for this being a real problem that needs to be fixed, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The goofy J behavior doesn't impact the *real* alert scenarios a detector scenario is designed for. If you are cruzing along and get any Ka alert, you've gotta slow down and locate the source. The V1 gave the early warning it was supposed to.

It'd be nice if the logic could be further improved to descriminate between real radar sources and leaky detectors/door openers. But I'm not holding my breath.