Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Safety Tint & Detector Performance

I am considering getting Llumar safety tint on the sides and rear of my vehicle and performance tint on the windshield. Will this impact my performance in any unforseen ways? I figure it might mess with rear detection a bit but hey, its a V1 and it should be more than adequate. Does anyone know how much Safety tint will actually cut out RD performance?

Default Re: Safety Tint & Detector Performance

If it is metalized it will cut down on radar reception of course and being a tint you will lose laser reception if you mount your detector behind it.

I mounted mine behind a lumar tinted front glass on my honda CBR 1000RR a week ago and have only used it to go to work witch is threw the woods kinda and this one store picks it up in my car and now that ive tryed it on my bike its still picking up that stores doors good so i would think you would be ok.I just wished i could figure out how to set it up?I have read the book and everything but i'm scared i'm going to turn the wrong thing off.
    I think those doors are K band so do LEO's use K band any???
    sorry to hijack but were can you buy ear plug that plugs into side of Valentine so i can put into my helment ????
    Last edited by badboyz4life; 06-07-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by badboyz4life View Post
    I mounted mine behind a lumar tinted front glass on my honda CBR 1000RR a week ago and have only used it to go to work witch is threw the woods kinda and this one store picks it up in my car and now that ive tryed it on my bike its still picking up that stores doors good so i would think you would be ok.I just wished i could figure out how to set it up?I have read the book and everything but i'm scared i'm going to turn the wrong thing off.
    sorry to hijack but were can you buy ear plug that plugs into side of Valentine so i can put into my helment ????
    yes they still use K, barely use x but apparently in NJ they do. i don't have x turned on, i've driven between texas to colorado 3 times and have never seen it.

you can get the remote audio adapter from v1. i can't link to the site because of some BS rule

Thank you for your help my friend,I live in Gulf shores alabama.I thought just a reguler pair of ear plugs for like your MP3 player would plug in but it want???????
    Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyz4life View Post
    yes they still use K, barely use x but apparently in NJ they do. i don't have x turned on, i've driven between texas to colorado 3 times and have never seen it.

you can get the remote audio adapter from v1. i can't link to the site because of some BS rule

Experienced

there isn't anywhere for you to plug in your headphones without the adapter...

thanks for helping me,but i just read over at the valentine site and you mean you have to buy another box to mount just to use ear phones?Hell its not like you have all this room on a motorcycle to be mounting all this crap.My valentine is mounted on the inside of the front little wind sheild on my bike and it looks cool as hell and you cant plug no ear plugs in that whole on the side of my RD?then what is that whole for?there's got to be a pair of plugs that will plug into that whole????
    there isn't anywhere for you to plug in your headphones without the adapter...

Experienced

what hole??? the speaker...?

The little whole on the oppisite side of the RD from were you plug in power.I thought that was awhole were you plug in ear phones.its on the left side you can see it in the picture in your sig? but my whole isnt even lined up perfect like its siting in its case un even?
    I just dont have room to place something else on a 2009 honda CBR 1000R.i going to learn how to post a picture and ill show yall a cool set up if i just had a place to hook some ear plugs in my Rd then just put them in my helment ?????
    Last edited by badboyz4life; 06-08-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Experienced

that "hole" (not whole) is the speaker