Buy now or wait?
Alright guys mosteveryone knows my situation, but for those who don't:
I was planning on getting a V1 only when I needed it (spring/summer) because the X50 is going on the bike. (So with the X50 going onto the bike I have been waiting until that happens to get a V1 for the car.)...
But with that said spring/summer time is the heavy time for ticketing In NYS, because after the snow clears and the temps go up, the LEO's come out in full force. The thing is when I use a detector, before I actually go under heavy fire (IE thruway or spring/summertime) with it, I like to know its little 'quirks'.
So if I get it (The V1) now I will have a month or so to learn more about it...(I have used older V1's, not the .826) but then again I wont need it until spring/summer, and even though I have the money now... it could be used for some other things I need(bills/expenses).
Also I am taking into consideration that VR has been (seemingly) from this board overloaded with new V1 orders, and I would hate to get a V1 from VR that was rushed out and henceforth the QControl isnt there... just to fulfill those orders because being a relatively small company.
ANYCASE I will let your reponses/the poll results give me some more feedback.
03-02-2006 02:08 PM # ADS
I doubt that there will be any difference in the V1 whether you buy it now or two months from now. The only flaw in the current firmware is POP falsing and I think that it is going to take a new hardware version to get that 100% worked out. Otherwise the unit is outstanding. Spend the money when it is convenient for you to spend the money.
voted now since either way you're looking at it, you'll be spending money to buy a V1 unit.
the only difference between now and later would possibly be a new revision of the unit, but that's just a possibility. if you're looking to get a V1 anyway, why wait?
RED 1999 ACURA INTEGRA GSR STOLEN -- CHICAGO 02/27/08
PLATE ILLINOIS 5287412
Team Integra Markings on Rear Quarterpanel Windows
REPORT TO 911 IF FOUND
I say wait till you need it--no need to spend money if its going to sit in the box and as you said you could pay bills with the money now! I would not worry about Mr.V being out of V-1's. Plus--you never know what they may come up with in a month or 2, probably nothing but........
V-1 3.864--Do I need to Upgrade--is the Question
True, but it's fun to play with NOW and you will get a free software upgrade if any come along Air.....
Originally Posted by Holla
"A Rottweiler is a dog who would lay down his life for his family. He is nothing short of magnificent." TO MAX AND REX..I LOVE U MY SONS...UNTIL WE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN.
Stealthier than Happya$$
Economically either way you look at it, buying the V1 now or later is a sunk cost. So buying it now or later shouldn't really matter...Why don't you treat yourself now...I bought it for mine now to simply act as a rational consumer....
Buy it now
Economics class today so my mind is on economics :wink:
Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
I thought there would be at least 4 people on the waiting list for a Returned Unit, but I called Monday morning, and they shipped it out that day. I got mine yesterday. :wink:
It all depends on if you can afford to spend the money now. If you can, go for it. If it can wait - wait.
i voted to wait until you need it. just because 1.you already have one helluva detector (X50), 2. take care of your priorities first (bills etc) then have fun, and 3. since youve already used a V1 you already know how it operates so it isnt going to be a new huge suprise for you. and who knows maybe theyll come out with an amazing 3.827
1999 Navigator: OUT OF SERVICE
2007 Mustang GT California Special 5-speed
V1 3.819 (hardwired high)
Blacked out front end w/ VEiL
Performance-K&N CAI, Bamachips 93 Race tune, Pypes O/R X-pipe, Pipes Violator axle-backs
293RWHP 302TQ (Before tune and midpipe) new #'s coming soon
Next up- Comp Thumpr Cams this spring.
My reasoning was I had 30 days to send it back, and a years worth of upgrades. 3.826 performs well enough that I will hang on to it.
Bel STi Driver A4M9 + 33.8 fix, X off, SWS off, POP off. Direct Wired.
Valentine1 1.8 Ver 3.826, X off, POP off. Direct Wired.
Escort X50 Rev 5 Blue, X off, POP off. Direct Wired.
Veil ! and Laser Shield !
Re: Buy now or wait?
When I bought my first V1 in about '93 there was a waiting list said by VR to be 3 to 6 months. I asked if they were going to ramp up the production to help speed things up and they said 'We won't make them any faster than we can make them properly.' I think they've maintained that standard over the years. If you work at VR and the owner of the company / inventor of the product / guy whose NAME is on it / can walk right up and see what you're doing, chances are you're gonna do the job right. VR's not trying to drum up sales and dollars, they just out the best product they can and the dollars take care of themselves.
Originally Posted by AirMoore
So buy it whenever it suits you it; you don't have to be concerned about getting a bad unit.