I was not happy with the location of the suction cup mount of my V1. I originally wanted the cups within and thereby hidden by the dots with the V1 just below them. However, the dots are stuck to the outside of the glass (interior of the car) and create a non-smooth surface, making this as high and close to the dots as I could get.
I wanted a better solution that would be a little bit higher and harder to see. I hardwired through the headliner, down the A pillar and into the fuse area so I could tap an ignition-based 12V supply. Then I set to work building a bracket that would integrate with the supplied visor mount. First I removed the actual visor clip, then I began to work with two sizes of flat aluminum to get the bracket to fit the mount, then the mount to fit to the screwed-in clip that holds the actual visor in place.
Once this was all worked out I riveted my aluminum together, primed and painted the piece and attached the mount to the bracket.
Installed, it is as high as it can be without risking being in the dots area, and is much less obvious through the windshield without the suction cups.
It is solid, looks good, and I think the height will help keep it as hidden from behind as possible without adding a remote display (which I may eventually). Also, there is enough play in the system to make slight adjustments to angle, and the aluminum bracket allowed me to adjust to get a nice level installation.
From the side. To silence the occasional windshield rattle from the bracket when I hit bumps (ALL of Pennsylvania!) I added a couple of sticky-back rubber bumpers.