Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: The future of Valentine One? Dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    My 2 cents.

Valentine One seem to just keep adding the stupid accessories onto an outdated platform. Do you you think there will come a time when V1 will put the effort into updating the actual detector rather than continuing us with the old?

Yes it performs, I won't argue that, but....

- The radar detector itself looks like it was designed in 1980 and maintains the size to prove it.
    - Savvy is an attempt at muting all of the falses the V1 is known for. Why not just put the effort into eliminating the falses?
    - V1connection is an attempt at displaying information. Why not just put the effort into updating the archaic display?

We are left with a box that has a bunch of accessories hanging all over it and the car.

I won't be buying or updating anything from V1 until REAL changes are made. Why do people keep throwing money at this thing?
    I have to agree. They should really be updating the entire platform to the twentieth century instead of throwing things on it.

Hell, when you send your v1 in half the time they send you a complete new one instead of fixing the one you have. Why not?

MY dream is a low profile stealth model that has a wireless remote display and the radar detection unit separate from each other.

and NOT to have to buy anything else to do it.

trouble is the v1 fanboys buy anything valentine puts out no matter what it is so there is no reason for him to do it.
    How about this one for you V1 haters. You spend 500 bucks every other year, for a new detector with the latest gizmo or you buy a V1 once.
    I agree with a V1 once. Size has nothing whatsoever to do with it. I love the size - sure beats some of the tanks out there.

Radar Fanatic

Who needs arrows? You do !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grkgeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan View Post
    Scanning meaningless dots do not a detector make. The size of the V1 is perfect. I want a RD detector, nor eye candy or bubble gum for the mind.
    I totally agree and also I want to say one more thing. UNTIL ANOTHER RADAR DETECTOR CAN SHOW ME THE DIRECTION the signal is coming from .....Valentine One will ALWAYS be the best no matter what. When I get in another friends car that has a radar detector I always wonder how the hell can one drive not knowing where the signal is coming from.
    So to the original poster of this thread and anyone else that bashes V1.....drive blindly ...I will keep mine knowing which direction the signal is coming from.

PEACE.
    I wonder why other companies haven't started using the arrows? The V1 patent is expired isn't it? I do like the arrows myself.

Advanced Member

I wonder why other companies haven't started using the arrows?.....
    It would show weakness in their prior product's design and thinking for one thing. If you speed, no need for rear protection nor arrows. You get front reflections as your warning if needed. Notice that writers score the rear antenna low?... Only one V1 save for me against a rear I/O DSR2 that clearly paid off. Any other RD would have failed (no front reflections). Had 2 rear weak warnings, slowed. Then head lights popped up over a small rise 1 mile back, the V1 screamed when the on pad was pressed. The Trooper blew my doors off when he flew by and rear tagged a Mustang several minutes later......Can't wait for the new V1 design...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    It would show weakness in their prior product's design and thinking for one thing. If you speed, no need for rear protection nor arrows. You get front reflections as your warning if needed. Notice that writers score the rear antenna low?... Only one V1 save for me against a rear I/O DSR2 that clearly paid off. Any other RD would have failed (no front reflections). Had 2 rear weak warnings, slowed. Then head lights popped up over a small rise 1 mile back, the V1 screamed when the on pad was pressed. The Trooper blew my doors off when he flew by and rear tagged a Mustang several minutes later......Can't wait for the new V1 design...
    When's the new design coming Bama??? The 4th of Never???

Fact is, other units do have arrows, such as the Stinger VIP with front and rear antennas and situational awareness. In addition, recent testing on RDF shows that the V1C is surely falling behind in alert sensitivity compared to the Redline BSRDR and the Stinger VIP as well as the Radenso Pro. In fact, the V1C was matched or beaten on Ka 34.7 by the newest Uniden LRD 950 and apparently there's more to come (soon) from Radenso and Uniden as they are firmware upgradeable over the net. Time has left the V1C behind and its falling even further behind as each month without a revision passes. For about $175.00, one can get a brand new Uniden LRD950 that will perform as well or better than any V1C currently made. (and Radenso is performing better than the V1C as we speak).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    When's the new design coming Bama??? The 4th of Never???

Fact is, other units do have arrows, such as the Stinger VIP with front and rear antennas and situational awareness. In addition, recent testing on RDF shows that the V1C is surely falling behind in alert sensitivity compared to the Redline BSRDR and the Stinger VIP as well as the Radenso Pro. In fact, the V1C was matched or beaten on Ka 34.7 by the newest Uniden LRD 950 and apparently there's more to come (soon) from Radenso and Uniden as they are firmware upgradeable over the net. Time has left the V1C behind and its falling even further behind as each month without a revision passes. For about $175.00, one can get a brand new Uniden LRD950 that will perform as well or better than any V1C currently made. (and Radenso is performing better than the V1C as we speak).
    Its kind of sad, i love the V1, its a great product. But they are being left in the dust with these new RD's. Only thing its got going for it now is arrows for under $400 and (IMO) the ability to run it with an M3 with minimal negative issues.

Advanced Member

.......When's the new design coming Bama??? The 4th of Never???.......
    The month and year that hell will freeze over? LOL.......Maybe MV is having to much fun playing with the Redline and Stinger VIP...

Banned

The month and year that hell will freeze over? LOL.......Maybe MV is having to much fun playing with the Redline and Stinger VIP...

I hear that Radenso Pro is knocking on his door!!!

I see a new QJAV** answering the door.

There are 4 patents granted since 2011 and one pending patent continuation.

Speed Demon

Perhaps the future isn't so dismal after all. Perfection takes time. We should have all learned that lesson after the Max fiasco!

Quote Originally Posted by BigVoner View Post

I see a new QJAV** answering the door.

There are 4 patents granted since 2011 and one pending patent continuation.