Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default The future of Valentine One? Dismal.

My 2 cents.

Valentine One seem to just keep adding the stupid accessories onto an outdated platform. Do you you think there will come a time when V1 will put the effort into updating the actual detector rather than continuing us with the old?

Yes it performs, I won't argue that, but....

- The radar detector itself looks like it was designed in 1980 and maintains the size to prove it.
    - Savvy is an attempt at muting all of the falses the V1 is known for. Why not just put the effort into eliminating the falses?
    - V1connection is an attempt at displaying information. Why not just put the effort into updating the archaic display?

We are left with a box that has a bunch of accessories hanging all over it and the car.

I won't be buying or updating anything from V1 until REAL changes are made. Why do people keep throwing money at this thing?

Speed Demon

Default Re: The future of Valentine One? Dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    My 2 cents.

Valentine One seem to just keep adding the stupid accessories onto an outdated platform. Do you you think there will come a time when V1 will put the effort into updating the actual detector rather than continuing us with the old?

- The radar detector itself looks like it was designed in 1980 and maintains the size to prove it.
    - Savvy is an attempt at muting all of the falses the V1 is known for. Why not just put the effort into eliminating the falses?
    - V1connection is an attempt at displaying information. Why not just put the effort into updating the archaic display?

We are left with a box that has a bunch of accessories hanging all over it and the car.

I won't be buying or updating anything from V1 until REAL changes are made. Why do people keep throwing money at this thing?
    I have to agree. They should really be updating the entire platform to the twentieth century instead of throwing things on it.

Hell, when you send your v1 in half the time they send you a complete new one instead of fixing the one you have. Why not?

MY dream is a low profile stealth model that has a wireless remote display and the radar detection unit separate from each other.

and NOT to have to buy anything else to do it.

trouble is the v1 fanboys buy anything valentine puts out no matter what it is so there is no reason for him to do it.
    Last edited by Buckdarma; 01-03-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    My 2 cents.

I have to agree. They should really be updating the entire platform to the twentieth century instead of throwing things on it.

Hell, when you send your v1 in half the time they send you a complete new one instead of fixing the one you have. Why not?

MY dream is a low profile stealth model that has a wireless remote display and the radar detection unit separate from each other.

trouble is the v1 fanboys buy anything valentine puts out no matter what it is so there is no reason for him to do it.
    How about this one for you V1 haters. You spend 500 bucks every other year, for a new detector with the latest gizmo or you buy a V1 once.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    or you buy a V1 once.
    and continue hanging "accessories" all over it for years to come......

I'm not a V1 hater, just wish they would give us a real update to the product.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    My 2 cents.

How about this one for you V1 haters. You spend 500 bucks every other year, for a new detector with the latest gizmo or you buy a V1 once.
    Haters ? What a juvenile post. 8-I

Buy a v1 ONCE ? LOL ! Ever see how much the constant updates cost ? Seriously ? I know, I own a v1 !

Radar Fanatic

Say what you will. I have the V1 and the Sti-R. The do compliment each other but the V1 rules. It is for the hard core person. I does what it does, with arrows and it does it well. My V1 is strictly to pick up the faintest blip of radar and that is what it does. I also run the OLD Sti-R no plus. They run well together and give me the best of info.

Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

What detector are you guys looking at?

The V1 is no bigger than the RedLine and weights about half as much. It has the best windshield mount ever designed, comes with a complete compliment of accessories (hard wire kit, spare fuses, spare suction cups (2 sets), and a visor mount) and has a full featured remote display available for just $39.

Study up on it and you will find that it is EXTREMELY programmable for everything from K-Band muting to disabling Ka filtering. The new V1connection even permits custom sweep settings while having the ability to show the frequency of multiple signals.

Outdated indeed.

I'll tell you what's outdated, not being able to catch an IO shot under .7 seconds and a Ka ramp up that is as artificial as the hooters on Housewives of New Jersey.

You can't argue performance because it performs.

You buy a V1.......you LEASE a Belscort. Break it down and look at purchase price, repair charges and yearly subscription fees over the long term. Forget about the revenue grubbing thugs with badges and slimy insurance companies......now it's your detector company bleeding you dry.
    Last edited by nine_c1; 01-03-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by nine_c1 View Post
    What detector are you guys looking at?

The V1 is no bigger than the RedLine and weights about half as much. It has the best windshield mount ever designed, comes with a complete compliment of accessories (hard wire kit, spare fuses, spare suction cups (2 sets), and a visor mount) and has a full featured remote display available for just $39.

Study up on it and you will find that it is EXTREMELY programmable for everything from K-Band muting to disabling Ka filtering. The new V1connection even permits custom sweep settings while having the ability to show the frequency of multiple signals.

Outdated indeed.

I'll tell you what's outdated, not being able to catch an IO shot under .7 seconds and a Ka ramp up that is as artificial as the hooters on Housewives of New Jersey.

You can't argue performance because it performs.

You buy a V1.......you LEASE a Belscort. Break it down and look at purchase price, repair charges and yearly subscription fees over the long term. Forget about the revenue grubbing thugs with badges and slimy insurance companies......now it's your detector company bleeding you dry.
    Couldn't have said it better myself...

The V1 is fine the way it is.. Stop nit picking over design. You shouldn't be buying one RD over another because one looks better. The V1 is a all around performer... My only suggestion is update the horn.. Possible enlarge future models.. I'd want to see better off-axis and possibly a spectre proof antenna. Besides that, The V1 is nearly perfect.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    The V1 is fine the way it is.. Stop nit picking over design. You shouldn't be buying one RD over another because one looks better. The V1 is a all around performer... My only suggestion is update the horn.. Possible enlarge future models.. I'd want to see better off-axis and possibly a spectre proof antenna. Besides that, The V1 is nearly perfect.
    Mike greatest invention V1 is the world best Radar/Laser Detector. He's a saviour to all motorists who loves speeding and saves me

many speeding tickets. I loves the SAVVY and V1connection and also the travel hard case. Whatever accessory by V1 are always practical and serves it purposes. I believe in one RD that is VALENTINE1