Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Just ordered the V1

After months of pondering whether I should sell the Solo S2 in my Bimmer and get the V1, I gave in. After being hit with laser for the third time, getting no warning with my s2, and getting stopped; that was the last straw. I ordered a brand new V1 from Valentine, and I bought the concealed display as well. I will keep you updated on my impressions of it.

Radar Fanatic

95% chance you would have been stopped with a V1 anyway! It does have crazy laser detection but that isn't enough alone because by the time it goes off you are already clocked. You will need the Veil/LaserShield combo as a minimum to reduce targeting range and give yourself a fighting chance. A jammer would be better if you make a habit of speeding on laser-infested roads.

**EDIT**
    Just noticed the laser shield in your sig, which is good. Have you done anything about the headlights?

Yoda of Radar

Welcome to the board Jeff. Very wise choice, you should really consider a laser jammer though. I love my V1...

Advanced Member

ford explorer has a big ass laser foot print...I would suggest a laser jammer to combat laser tickets

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

The V1 saved me once from laser when I was doing 95 in a 65 and got hit at long range from atleast 1/2 mile away at night. At the same instant I downshifted from 5th to 4th and pulled the handbrake. (my brake lights never lit up) The V1 was warning for about 2 distinct bursts of about 5 seconds each. At about 500ft. I got hit again and this time I was doing 65mph on the dot.

I was going about 120mph on a long straight a few seconds earlier and was slowing down as I rounded a corner and felt "cautious". (good instincts )

This was done maybe 5 years ago on I90/94 headed east bound in rural Wisconsin near the Wisconsin Dells area where the road is dense forest on both sides around 2 or 3am in the morning. I was on a run between Minneapolis and Chicago, I always left around midnight.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa
    The V1 saved me once from laser when I was doing 95 in a 65 and got hit at long range from atleast 1/2 mile away at night. At the same instant I downshifted from 5th to 4th and pulled the handbrake. (my brake lights never lit up) The V1 was warning for about 2 distinct bursts of about 5 seconds each. At about 500ft. I got hit again and this time I was doing 65mph on the dot.

I was going about 120mph on a long straight a few seconds earlier and was slowing down as I rounded a corner and felt "cautious". (good instincts )

This was done maybe 5 years ago on I90/94 headed east bound in rural Wisconsin near the Wisconsin Dells area where the road is dense forest on both sides around 2 or 3am in the morning. I was on a run between Minneapolis and Chicago, I always left around midnight.
    Yeah... real good instincts.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    95% chance you would have been stopped with a V1 anyway! It does have crazy laser detection but that isn't enough alone because by the time it goes off you are already clocked. You will need the Veil/LaserShield combo as a minimum to reduce targeting range and give yourself a fighting chance. A jammer would be better if you make a habit of speeding on laser-infested roads.

**EDIT**
    Just noticed the laser shield in your sig, which is good. Have you done anything about the headlights?
    The fact is the V1 will pick up the laser, the S2 doesn't pick up anything. As for the headlights negative, the laser sheild is my only protection.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    ford explorer has a big *BEEP* laser foot print...I would suggest a laser jammer to combat laser tickets
    I dont rrally speed in the truck because it shakes over 75, so the S2 is good for local use.

Yoda of Radar

The S2 isn't going to give you great KA range though, am I wrong?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    The S2 isn't going to give you great KA range though, am I wrong?
    your probably right, but it serves its purpose, better then nothing

Power User

Default Re: Just ordered the V1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff E39
    After months of pondering whether I should sell the Solo S2 in my Bimmer and get the V1, I gave in. After being hit with laser for the third time, getting no warning with my s2, and getting stopped; that was the last straw. I ordered a brand new V1 from Valentine, and I bought the concealed display as well. I will keep you updated on my impressions of it.
    Think you'll like the V1 8)